Why join the Entrance Team?
The best thing about working at Entrance is our smart+fun culture. Some team members’ favorite part of that culture is our state-of-the-art tools and software, while others appreciate our dedication to training and career growth. Many of our consultants thrive on the challenge of providing solutions for ever-changing business needs, while others get satisfaction from building partnerships with our clients. Most folks value the deluxe benefits, but some people’s favorite thing about Entrance might just be the stocked candy drawer or the ping pong table. What will you like best about working at Entrance?
We have been recognized as one of the fastest-growing local information technology consultancy companies by the Houston Business Journal. Our office is located in the eclectic Houston Heights neighborhood so our consultants don’t have to go far for great food and a jogging trail is right outside our door. All this has led us to be named one of Houston’s Best Places to Work 2012.
What Entrance Does
Entrance is a software consulting company that is fluent in Energy. With almost 10 years of experience as technology consultants in Oil and Gas, we follow industry trends and can respond to changing needs before off-the-shelf solutions can reach the market. Our Software Consulting addresses changing industry needs as they occur, rather than as they become common practice. Custom Software addresses complex business or engineering issues that are beyond the capabilities of product offerings. And we get the right information into the right hands with our SharePoint Consulting. We’re a company of intellectuals who strongly believe in the ability of technology to turn businesses’ largest worries into drivers for informed, strategic decisions.
- Create business information solutions by developing and maintaining .NET software applications through the full software development life cycle.
- Define project objectives by analyzing user requirements and envisioning system features and functionality.
- Integrate applications by assessing system capabilities and establishing connectivity between disparate systems.
- Update job knowledge by researching new technologies and software products, participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations.
- Enhance the organization's reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a closely related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate ideas clearly and simply to clients
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to learn quickly
- Detail oriented
- Strong organizational skills
- Software development fundamentals (including object-oriented design, multi-layer design, debugging, etc.)
- Technical Skills:
- C# 4.0+
- ASP.NET 4.0+
- Web user interface design
- HTTP and HTML
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS)
- Microsoft Office SharePoint development experience is not required but is a plus
- Silverlight/WPF development experience is not required but is a plus
BENEFITS AND PERKS
- Generous benefits plan includes medical/dental/vision, short-term and long-term disability, critical illness plan, and life insurance.
- 100% company-paid coverage for single employees.
- For employees with families, up to $6,000 company-paid coverage per year to offset benefits premiums.
- 401(k) with company match up to 4% of salary, plus discretionary annual profit-sharing.
- 3 weeks paid time off per year in addition to 8 company holidays per year.
- Flexible work schedule.
- $2,000 and 2 paid days off towards learning opportunities and approved professional certifications per year.
- Great office location in the Heights area in Houston, TX.
- Little to no travel.
- Business casual plus jeans work environment.
- Stocked kitchen (gourmet coffee, drinks, snacks and candy), catered breakfasts and lots of fun company events!
Open positions are full-time and direct hire roles. We are unable to offer H1 Visa sponsorship. Local candidates preferred as we are unable to offer relocation at this time. No third parties please.