Austin, Texas, the home of Austin Energy, was named by Forbes in 2014 as the #1 fastest growing city over 1 million residents in the U.S. Austin frequently makes Top 10 lists and is known for being young, vibrant, friendly, focused on environment and health, and supportive of a thriving music and arts community. It’s the Texas capital nestled in the beautiful Texas hill country. Austin Energy (AE) is the nation’s 8th largest publicly owned electric utility. We serve more than 420,000 customer accounts and more than 1 million residents in Greater Austin. Our mission is to deliver clean, affordable, reliable energy and excellent customer service. AE has been recognized for achieving some of the highest industry standards including renewable and reliability goals and promotion of new clean energy technologies and a sustainable environment. Austin Energy offers extensive benefits including a generous pension system. The Austin Energy IT organization employs approximately 160 full time positions in support of our 420,000 customers and over 1700 utility employees. Your role will be to support the IT Mission to deliver quality enterprise solutions on time and on budget.
The position of IT Solutions Architect is critical in that it supports development and implementation of technology systems that serve all facets of AE's core business operations for delivery of excellent customer service and reliable energy services. This position reports to the IT Manager, Enterprise Architecture.
Main job functions of IT Solutions Architect:
- Develops infrastructure, data, application, security, and/or business process architectures
- Manages logical, physical and dimensional modeling
- Creates accurate modeling reflecting user requirements
- Performs systems interfacing
- Develops physical databases meeting performance requirements
- Defines strategies for database and system implementation
- Defines and implements processes for extracting and loading data
- Develops data management and application design policies and standards
- Provides technical assistance in identifying, evaluating, and developing systems and procedures
Preferred skills or certifications
Certification in TOGAF, IASA or other IT industry architecture framework
- Applying database design, system design and application integration techniques
- using architectural design methodologies and tools
- applying project management methodologies
- analyzing business requirements and creating technical requirements
- leading technical teams
- communicating and coordinating across all levels of staff and technical expertise
- planning and design activities on multiple technical projects
- Oracle databases, with Real Application Clusters
- Multiple operating systems (MS Windows, Linux, UNIX)
- Application server technologies (IBM Web Application Server)
Note: Applicants will be expected to present samples of architectural documents they have previously prepared if selected for an interview. See Austin Energy job posting for additional job requirements.
Close date: Applications will be accepted through 5 p.m. on 9/24/2014.
Position Number: 109372
Job Requisition Number: AE500828
We look forward to considering you for our Austin Energy team!