Region’s Top MSP is Hiring
We are hiring a Windows Help Desk Technician in our San Antonio office. Since our start in 2008, Consuro has grown at an exponential rate. We need additional systems support on the team to manage current and upcoming major initiatives. If any of the below scenarios sound like you, you could be the perfect person for the job.
- You have no room for growth at your current position, unless you count busy work as growth.
- You aren't being challenged. You count down the hours until your shift is over, although you've mastered Solitaire and World of Warcraft.
- You are unsure about the stability of your company. Are they getting new contracts? Are they growing? Will they be in business tomorrow?
- You work with one company's infrastructure. Great that you know it inside and out, but what happens when you are faced with something new? Oops.
- You are surrounded by stereotypical IT guys, creating an office culture void of any excitement and personal connection with your colleagues.
This is your chance to work for one of the region's premier and fastest growing MSPs and ensure that you never experience any of the above scenarios. Interested in joining the team? Here's a little about the position and what we are looking for.
At Consuro, we don’t just hire any IT guy or girl who thinks they “know” technology just because they built a computer once. We are little more exclusive than that, but we have to be if we want to continue on the same growth path. We hire smart people to work with smart clients. Not sure if you are the right fit? Look over these qualities and see if they apply to you before hitting the send button.
- customer-service oriented
- ready to advance in your career
- ready to be a part of a true team
Sound like you? Good.
You will be a key technical resource within the Consuro organization. You will be expected to balance technical project assignments and specialization development through certifications. You will be expected to work with a highly-skilled team of professionals under unparalleled leadership. You will be respectful, engaging, motivated and smart. Oh, and you are expected to have a little fun.
Bachelor’s Degree with major/concentration in Computer Science or IT preferred but not required.
Prior military experience to be considered in lieu of a Bachelor’s Degree.
MCSA/MCITP certification preferred
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- 3+ years working in a technical support/help desk environment
- 3+ years working with Windows Desktop Operating Systems
- 3-5 years customer service related experience
- 2-3 years experience working on an outsourced helpdesk team preferable
- 2+ years experience working with advanced backend IT infrastructure such as Exchange, Active Directory, Backups, etc.
- Ability to identify and troubleshoot server performance issues using native Windows Server tools and utilities
- Strong background in Windows client operating systems, standard desktop applications (i.e. Office, Internet Explorer, anti-virus tools), Windows Server Operating Systems, Active Directory.
- Thorough understanding of server hardware components to include RAID configurations and externally attached storage devices
- General issues resolution for Exchange, Firewalls, VPNs and other more advanced pieces of infrastructure.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to research issues and find solutions on your own.
- Flexibility in work schedule.
- Assist with customer issues via telephone and ticketing system
- Thoroughly and accurately understand issues and analyze the problem in a systemic fashion.
- Taking ownership of customer issues to include; routing, prioritizing, troubleshooting to resolution
- Manage and support servers in a Microsoft Windows environment to ensure backup, performance and uptime are optimal.
- Install and configure servers in a Microsoft Windows environment.
- Issues at this level will include but not limited to: Server Hardware, Networking, Web Services, Database, Active Directory, DNS, Cluster configuration, and E-Mail.
- Validate monitoring alerts, create support tickets as required and execute predefined troubleshooting procedures
- Create AD groups, users, and understand user permissions
- Perform routine maintenance (windows updates, server reboots, backups)
- Configuration, setup and management of IIS 6.0 and IIS 7.0 based web servers, working with a variety of .Net Frameworks (1.1, 2.0, 3.0, 3.5, and 4.0) and related development tools.
- Assist in the development of system solutions, architecture modifications and capacity planning for supported environments.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Work on-call rotation
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Retirement with Matching
- Paid Vacation/Personal/Sick Leave
- Microsoft Training
- Flexible Hours
- Performance Bonuses
San Antonio, Texas
This position is for our San Antonio office. We currently have multiple locations across the state (Dallas, Fort Worth, San Antonio, Houston and San Angelo).
Based on your experience.
Please send your resume and any questions you may have to email@example.com.
Founded in 2008 in Fort Worth, Consuro is an award-winning information technologies managed service provider (MSP) serving large and small business clients in many industries from offices in Fort Worth, Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, and San Angelo. Consuro offers comprehensive IT services such as desktop and server management, network administration, hardware and software consulting, offsite backup, asset procurement, and other advanced data center solutions.
Consuro’s recent accolades include MSPmentor’s Top 250 Award, Fort Worth Business Press 40 under 40 honor, Fort Worth, Texas Magazine’s “Best IT Tech Support", a finalist for Vision Fort Worth’s Vision 20/20 Award and ranked #9 2013 Best Companies to Work for in Texas by Texas Monthly.