Connect to GXS and Connect to the World!
With more than 2800 employees and operations in 20 different countries, GXS offers endless opportunities to learn, grow and succeed with one of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies. Bring us your talent, energy and drive and become a star player on our winning team!
GXS is seeking a Manager, Software Engineering, to lead application development teams using Ruby on Rails. Small iterations, daily standup meetings and lots of automation help us deliver value to our customers in six- to eight-week release cycles. Flexibility in commute schedules and the ability to work from home on occasion are an option.
GXS’s Active Community product is the leader in enterprise community management. This Software as a Service (SaaS) product optimizes supplier relationships through a powerful collaboration platform that includes master data management, robust communications tools, and automated business-to-business processes. Industry leaders use Active Community to realize the full potential of their extended enterprise through activities such as trading partner on-boarding, operational compliance, continuous performance improvement, and issue management.
Day-to-day responsibilities to include:
The Manager of Software will be responsible for leading the planning and execution of all engineering activities associated with GXS Active Community. Responsibilities will include:
- Working in a fast-paced, agile team to rapidly deliver new capabilities to our customers.
- Continuously learning to better yourself, the product and the collective knowledge of the team.
- Organizing development resources to efficiently deliver on strategic deals and roadmap commitments with superior quality.
- Developing and execute plans to integrate Active Community into the GXS Trading Grid platform.
- Exceeding annual software engineering metrics for quality, availability, performance, defect resolution, and roadmap features.
- Providing leadership for the team including goal planning, resource management (including budget management), performance appraisals, and compensation reviews as well as leadership and coaching as needed.
- Motivating and mentoring team members for improving skills and taking on additional responsibilities.
- Providing leadership surrounding the integration of 3rd party software and services.
- Establishing and maintaining a close relationship with internal stakeholders, including Operations, Marketing, Sales, etc.
- Must have 5 years of direct supervisory experience of software engineers which includes annual reviews, compensation recommendations, and job assignments.
- Must have hands-on development experience with Ruby on Rails and Relational Database.
- Demonstrated experience in leading enterprise application projects and technical resources.
- Experience working with a global workforce.
- Experience in systems integration and production support.
- Ability to provide the necessary support to 24 by 7 production environments.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science from an accredited university.
- Master’s in Business Administration highly desirable.
- Agile development methodologies
- REST/SOAP Web Services
- XML and XSL transformations (XSLT)
- HTML 5
- Workflow engines
GXS life in Gaithersburg
Join our Gaithersburg, MD office conveniently located directly off I-270 and within walking distance of the many amenities of the Rio Center including great shops, restaurants, a movie theatre, and great walking paths along the lake. We offer an onsite Fitness Center at no cost as well as free parking in our gorgeous new building.