Exacq Technologies is a developer of surveillance video storage software and servers for both analog and IP based cameras. Our products are the backbone of the IP video industry, which has grown 100% in the last three years and is projected by analysts to grow 200% in the next 3 years. Exacq Technologies was recently acquired by Tyco Security Products. We are excited about the opportunities we will now have to use the company’s additional resources to help expand our brand globally. Our employees enjoy a very casual work environment with highly competitive compensation and benefits.
The Senior IP Camera Software Engineer will play a significant role in the design and implementation of a cross-platform client-server video management system. This important position will be responsible for integration of new IP camera models, manufacturers, and technology into the exacqVision architecture.
- C++ development of modular plugins to connect the exacqVision Server to IP cameras
- Define, design, and implement integrations with new camera families
- Support existing product functionality throughout lifecycle
- Test functionality across all operating systems (Windows, Linux)
- Experience with TCP/IP client-server application development
- 3+ years of C/C++ development
- BS/MS Degree in CS, EE, or relevant field
Other desirable skills:
- Experience with digital video, MPEG4/H.264 streaming, RTSP, and/or video compression/decompression
- Experience with multi-threaded applications
- Experience with Linux server applications
- Experience with cross platform development tools
- Experience with MFC, wxWidgets, or similar C++ class libraries