Exacq Technologies is a developer of surveillance video storage software and servers for both analog and IP based cameras. Our products are the backbone of the IP video industry, which has grown 100% in the last three years and is projected by analysts to grow 200% in the next three years. As a rapidly growing division of Tyco Security Products, you’ll enjoy the financial security of a large company with the speed of a small organization. Our employees enjoy a very casual work environment with highly competitive compensation and benefits.
The Senior IP Camera Software Engineer will play a significant role in the design and implementation of a cross-platform client-server video management system. This important position will be responsible for integration of new IP camera models, manufacturers, and technology into the exacqVision architecture.
- C++ development of modular plugins to connect the exacqVision Server to IP cameras
- Define, design, and implement integrations with new camera families
- Support existing product functionality throughout lifecycle
- Test functionality across all operating systems (Windows, Linux)
- Experience with TCP/IP client-server application development
- 3+ years of C/C++ development
- BS/MS Degree in CS, EE, or relevant field
Other desirable skills:
- Experience with digital video, MPEG4/H.264 streaming, RTSP, and/or video compression/decompression
- Experience with multi-threaded applications
- Experience with Linux server applications
- Experience with cross platform development tools
- Experience with MFC, wxWidgets, or similar C++ class libraries