Exacq Technologies is a developer of surveillance video storage software and servers for both analog and IP based cameras. Our products are the backbone of the IP video industry, which has grown 100% in the last three years and is projected by analysts to grow 200% in the next three years. As a rapidly growing division of Tyco Security Products, you’ll enjoy the financial security of a large company with the speed of a small organization. Our employees enjoy a very casual work environment with highly competitive compensation and benefits.
The technical support specialist will interact with security sales and installation personnel via telephone and email to assist with specification, installation, operation, and troubleshooting of exacqVision hardware and software.
- Ensure pre-sales and post-sale satisfaction with exacqVision products via telephone and e-mail communication with customers
- Document all incoming inquiries and support cases
- Support sales and customer applications
- Test and/or document digital video recording hardware and software
- Must be able to work M-F 11am-8pm shift
- AS or BS (or equivalent experience) in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information
Technology or related field
- Experience with MS Windows, Linux (Ubuntu), and PC platform
- Experience with computer networking
- Ability to calmly and concisely communicate with customers
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
Other desirable skills:
- Experience with digital video capture, compression, or streaming
- Experience with CCTV security video systems
- Relevant job experience
- Advanced Ubuntu Linux experience
- Multilingual - Spanish fluency highly desirable.