Ventus is the industry leader in IT networking innovations, leveraging technology to produce market-driving solutions for the world’s largest companies. Operating from over 20 years of experience delivering secure enterprise class networks, Ventus develops cellular wireless and fixed line IT solutions for an expanding array of business connectivity applications. Ventus IT Solutions offers fully managed networks with an emphasis on security and high availability. The company’s solutions include PCI-DSS compliant data transport, integration services, data encryption, cloud services, and integrated network administration and monitoring systems. Ventus’ robust IT solutions are powered by the unique products developed by the company’s network hardware technologies division.
The Embedded Software Development Engineer will participate in the full life-cycle of Ventus networking systems. The projects cover a broad array of topics including: low level drivers, application on routers, telecommunication systems involving routers, servers and databases.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
These include the following. Other duties may be assigned at the discretion of management in the context of the role.
- Design, develop, test and maintain applications for routers and servers
- Able to adapt and develop software for various subjects including:
- Network application
- Device Drivers
- Linux Kernels
- Parallel, distributed systems
- Data analysis
- Maintain and support current, existing software
- Work with electrical engineers to integrate hardware components
- Develop automatic test systems, automatic build systems
- Acquire knowledge of emerging technology
- Provide second tier support to Technical Support Center
- All other related work as required
Functional and Technical Skills
- In depth experience in Unix/Linux operating systems, including shell scripting
- Embedded systems development experience
- Knowledge and experience working with data networking protocols including Ethernet,TCP/IP
- Ability to multi task in a fast paced environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Knowledge and experience with:
- mySql or any SQL compliant database
- Networking security (IPsec)
- Software revision control system (SVN,CVS,GIT,etc)
- Experience with cellular telephony, modems,etc
- Linux device drivers
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field 5 years of professional experience
Ventus is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. All individuals are encouraged to apply. Ventus offers a competitive compensation package including health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance programs, complimentary gym membership, a 401(k) plan, paid holidays, and generous paid time off.