Ventus is an industry leader in enterprise class networking and IT solutions. We are a global wireless and fixed-line connectivity, hardware and software company delivering customer-centric innovation that leverages technology to produce market-driving solutions. Serving the world’s largest companies with three data centers staffed 24/7; our business divisions meet a wide range of enterprise IT and networking needs.
The Embedded Software Development Engineer will participate in the full life-cycle of Ventus networking systems. The projects cover a broad array of topics including: low level drivers, application on routers, telecommunication systems involving routers, servers and databases.
Design, develop, test and maintain applications for Ventus embedded cellular routers
Able to adapt and develop software for various subjects including:
- Network application
- Device Drivers
- Linux Kernels
- Parallel, distributed systems
- Data analysis
Work with electrical engineers to integrate and test hardware components
Skills and Abilities:
- Linux kernel and kernel module development (e.g. GPIO, wireless, network stack)
- Embedded/custom Linux distribution development/management (e.g. OpenWRT, Android)
- Cross-compiling and porting (e.g. make, autoconf)
- Distributed systems and network protocol development
- Translates business and technical requirements into detailed design specifications for application code and modules
- Ability to integrate and work within in a small, dynamic, and highly motivated development team
- Experience developing multi-threaded applications and experience with a variety of IPC mechanisms
- Experience in full Software Development Life Cycle (i.e., analysis, design, development, testing, documentation and deployment)
- Strong analytical skills and creative problem solving capabilities
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field 5 years of professional experience
- Five + years of experience in embedded software engineering
- Five + years of programming experience using C or C++
- Two + years of programming experience using shell scripting (Bash) or Perl
- Two + years of experience with Linux
Ventus is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. All individuals are encouraged to apply.
Ventus offers a competitive compensation package including health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance programs, complimentary gym membership, a 401(k) plan, paid holidays, and generous paid time off.