Western Union is changing. Yes, we're the company that moves money around the world quickly and reliably in 200 countries and territories. We are also present in over 510,000 locations bringing immense distribution convenience to our consumers. But we're on the cusp of becoming much more than that. Our vision is to be the preferred financial services provider for the underserved - billions of people and businesses with unmet financial service needs. That means aggressively pursuing digital, mobile, ATM/kiosk and stored value card strategies that meet the needs of today's global consumers and businesses. So if you're looking for a company on the move - and truly one of the most diverse work environments on the planet - then Western Union could be for you.
Right now, we are seeking an Information Security Engineer .
In this role, you will create and certify defense in depth for the Western Union computing environment. You will employ highly technical security skills to build/deploy key infrastructure security tools, respond to escalated security alerts, provide enterprise risk assessment, vulnerability remediation, and provide a source of security consultation and expertise for the business.
In addition, you will:
- Create strategy, (re)build infrastructure and process, and certify Western Union's security stance
- Serve as a technical resource for enterprise security
- Review, build, rank and escalation point for IDS and IPS systems
- Review escalated IDS/IPS alerts and logs
- Correlate logs and alerts into attack patterns: o Assess and rank the risk to the enterprise
- Create and lead action plan to reduce risk
- Oversee remediation of vulnerabilities Risk ranking and scoring
- Create solutions and lead efforts to reduce risk
- Review firewall and perimeter rule sets, review database security
- Manage and review SSL certification
- Assist in research of next generation security issues, 0-day attacks, and provide input on strategy for future security infrastructure and tools
- BS degree in computing / information systems / MS preferred
- 6+ years of information security experience and or network security
- Expert use of SEIM/correlation tool to provide risk assessments for enterprise
- Basic industry certifications required, such as: SANS (GCFW, GCIH, GPEN, GCIA, GCFA), CISSP, Microsoft (MCSE+security), Cisco
- Expert with all versions of Microsoft Windows
- Heavy experience with Active Directory and LDAP
- Strong experience with the Linux operating system
- Experienced in TCP/IP, reading network packets, network technologies, and perimeter protection technology
- Configuration experience with Cisco hardware and IOS a plus
- Expert in firewall technology, IDS/IPS technology
- Strong skills in web technologies (scripting, SSL, HTTP/S) and their security requirements
With a 160-year history of connecting people when it matters most, Western Union continues to shape the world in which we live. Western Union offers one of the easiest ways for families and friends to send money and stay connected almost anywhere in the world. It all comes down to the relationships we've established over many years. We take pride in being close to our consumers. Together with our Agents, we speak our consumers' languages and live in our consumers' neighborhoods. And we share our consumers' cultures. We are a significant part of each other's lives. As a result, our Agents and employees are more like ambassadors. They are ambassadors of trust. Ambassadors of responsibility. And ambassadors of hope. They are the living, breathing manifestation of who we are as a company and reflect the Western Union behaviors: Inspired. Connected. Driven. Game-Changer. Responsible. EOE/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, veteran status, disability or other protected category.