Summary Designs, configures, and provides technical network support (LAN/WAN/WLAN) for Contingent’s Clients and internal departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides engineering support and assistance to Sales team in client technical discussions and proposal development.
- Designs networks based on client requirements (LAN/WAN/WLAN).
- Provides in-house staging and configuration of network devices (LAN/WAN/WLAN) in support of customer projects.
- Provides engineering management of client projects.
- Provides field support for project pilot (beta) locations.
- Performs client network discovery tasks and device configuration creation.
- Establishes and operates network test facilities
- Maintains a secure transfer of data to multiple locations via internal and external networks
- Works with vendors, clients, carriers and technical staff on network implementation, optimization and ongoing management
- Provides high-level support and technical expertise in networking technology, including 802.11x access points, bridges, routers, Ethernet switches, etc.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree in computer science or electrical engineering from a four-year college or university and three to five years of experience in areas such as network design and implementation, LAN/WAN interfacing, security, Internet protocols and TCP/IP, and server and network infrastructure; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should:
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Be proficient in switch, router, and firewall configuration and support
- Have knowledge of Internet software and Project Management software
- Have programming competencies in C+, Java, HTML, etc.
- Have application competencies in Visio, AutoCAD, etc.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Industry certifications: BICSI, CompTIA, (ISC)2, etc.
- Manufacturer certifications: Cisco, Fortinet, Juniper, etc.
Must be able to travel occasionally.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk and hear; reach with hands and arms and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.