Role: Lead Oracle Database Administrator
The Database Administration Lead (DBA) provides database and application solution strategy, architecture, technical design, and development oversight for implementing and supporting the mechanical execution of our database layer of the UI AcUIty solution. Resource will work with the functional team leadership to assess requirements and then assume leadership over architecting, implementing and supporting the appropriate database architecture, with focus on the application data layer. Role will require extensive involvement with senior client personnel, coordination with Capgemini team leadership and other Capgemini and client technical and functional resources.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Designing and managing the application data layer of the solution
• Installing and upgrading the Oracle server and application tools
• Allocating system storage and planning future storage requirements for the database system
• Creating primary database storage structures (tablespaces) after application developers have designed an application
• Creating primary objects (tables, views, indexes) once application developers have designed an application
• Modifying the database structure, as necessary, from information given by application developers
• Enrolling users and maintaining system security
• Ensuring compliance with your Oracle license agreement
• Controlling and monitoring user access to the database
• Monitoring and optimizing the performance of the database
• Planning for backup and recovery of database information
• Maintaining archived data on tape
• Backing up and restoring the database
- 5 – 8 years of knowledge and experience with systems consulting and systems engineering in software projects.
- 5 – 8 years of focused Oracle database design, support and maintenance.
- 5 – 8 years of hands-on Oracle PL/SQL development experience with experience of performance tuning at both SQL and system levels
- Strong past experience as Oracle Applications Database Administrator and Engineer on a large scale systems implementation project.
- Solid exposure to application development processes and expectations from Application DBA stand point
- Solid skills in database performance factors, monitoring tools and tuning procedures
- Strong Shell and Perl scripting
- Good grasp of algorithms and data structures
- Experience developing systems within the framework and governance of a well defined Systems Engineering Life Cycle (SELC).
- Experience providing general and specific systems consultant expertise for the technical management of information technology projects.
- Experience analyzing large IT system documentation to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Experience reviewing work products for completeness and adherence to customer requirements
- Experience delivering presentations and leading client meetings
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working in U.S. State Public Sector
- Demonstrated functional understanding of State Unemployment Insurance business processes / operations
- Use of Oracle Business Intelligence (OBIEE), Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) as integration / ETL tool for prior reporting and / or data warehouse solutions
At Capgemini, you will own your individual career and actively participate in the planning of your professional development. Qualified candidates must also have superior aptitude for analytical concepts, oral and written communication skills, customer focus, teamwork abilities, integrity, and relationship-building skills. Time management skills are a must, as well as the ability to be flexible and creative. Demonstrated leadership ability is a plus.
This job is located in Carson City, NV, open to travellers.
Capgemini, one of the world's foremost providers of consulting, technology, and outsourcing services, enables its clients to transform and perform through technologies. Capgemini provides its clients with insights and capabilities that boost their freedom to achieve superior results through a unique way of working - the Collaborative Business Experience. Present in 44 countries, Capgemini reported 2012 global revenues of over $13 billion and employs over 125,000 people worldwide.
Capgemini has an amicable environment that embodies and holds the following stated values close to heart: Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Freedom, Team Spirit, Modesty, and Fun. Moreover, we offer a competitive benefits package that includes Health, Dental, group life, accidental death and dismemberment, short and long-term disability, group automobile, homeowners, and legal plan insurance. Additionally, we offer competitive salaries and a great profit sharing/401K plan.