We are the Good Hands; we help people realize their hopes and dreams through products and services designed to protect them from life’s uncertainties and to prepare them for the future. Nearly every major Allstate project has a partnership with technology – a partnership that is imperative to the success of the organization. With the company’s size and related technology scale, job opportunities and career advancement paths in IT are abundant at Allstate. In order to maintain our place at the forefront of the technological landscape, Allstate needs to hire the best and the brightest talent – is that you?
The Senior Technical Architect role focuses on designing complex application architectures to solve business problems. The primary focus is on custom enterprise frameworks and re-usable components. Independently create strategies for the enterprise and then use excellent communication and influencing skills to drive implementation. The ideal candidate will thrive in seeking challenging problems, proposing and presenting solutions, building relationships, soliciting feedback, and finding ways to thrill Allstate’s customers.
- The design for components, services, patterns and practices.
- Identify and develop innovative solutions that enable business strategies and that are highly scalable and performing.
- Steward custom application framework components that drive consistency, quality, compliance with technical strategies, and developer productivity.
- Identify, evaluate, and drive the adoption of new products and product versions.
- Define and manage the lifecycle for custom developed frameworks and vended products.
- Research options, conduct proof-of-concepts, and make recommendations.
- Publish direction statements that guide planning and implementation of strategies and systems projects.
- Identify and/or design tooling and patterns that simplify and accelerate the development process, promote governance, and reduce risk.
- Collaborate with other architects to develop solutions that integrate well across platforms.
- Provide consulting and review services to other architects and delivery teams.
- Extensive Presentation Layer (UI) expertise
- At least 4 year’s experience as an Architect.
- Extensive Java experience - designing and developing cross-browser custom controls (server-side and client-side),
- Deep knowledge of presentation layer design patterns, and a passion for emerging technologies.
- At least ten years of experience designing and developing large-scale eCommerce applications,
- At least seven years hands-on experience with the Java platform, IBM WebSphere.
- Experience developing custom frameworks and re-usable components
- Web development industry standards and best practices
- Browser expertise – Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Opera, Chrome
- Strong knowledge of design patterns
- Automated testing patterns and tools
- Tuning & testing for performance, scalability, availability, and resiliency for Java applications
- IIS 7.0 and Windows Server 2008
- Strong knowledge of security (risks and threats, authentication, authorization, certificates, encryption)
- Rational Team Concert
We are insurance. We are financial services. We are also so much more. We are lawyers, writers, web developers, accountants, building engineers, application developers, project managers and human resource specialists. We are creative, driven, passionate, fearless and curious. Our unique culture of inclusion helps us maximize innovation and creativity. We believe that welcoming differing ideas, cultures and backgrounds gives us a competitive advantage in a diverse, global marketplace. At Allstate, it's our differences that drive our success — as individuals and as a company. We celebrate creative problem-solving as we work together to make a difference in our communities. We believe in providing the very best tools and resources available to help keep our customers — and our employees — in Good Hands®. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and LinkedIn to find out for yourself... or hear from some of our employees in We Are Allstate
Benefits and Perks
- Pension plan plus 401K
- Career path/succession planning
- Mentoring programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Modern work spaces
- Flexible schedules
- Generous paid time off (with option to purchase additional days)
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Health and wellness benefits, including: nutrition/weight management, smoking cessation program, stress management, lifestyle coaching, financial resources, healthy choice/subsidized meals at corporate cafeterias, on-site fitness center / doctor / pharmacy / massages
- Corporate discount programs (insurance, automotive, childcare, mobile phone plans, fitness centers, retail)
- On-site daycare
- Adoption assistance program
- On-site services: oil changes, dry cleaning, nail/hair salon, convenience store, doctor, pharmacy
- Comprehensive health insurance plans
- Flexible spending accounts (FSA)
- Employee Resource Groups including Allstate Women's Information Network (AWIN), Professional Latino Allstate Network (PLAN), Allstate Asian American Network (3AN), Allstate Network of Gay and Lesbian Employees and Supporters (ANGLES), African American Working Network (AAWN), Young Professional Organization (YPO), Parents Working Together (PWT), Allstate Adoption Network (AAN) and Allstate Veterans Engagement Team and Supporters (AVETS)
Join our award-winning team!
Diversity, balance, innovation and providing an environment where employees can thrive. These are all core values at Allstate, and we have the awards to prove it:
- The World’s Leading Top 100 Companies – Forbes magazine
- Diversity Elite - America’s Best 50 Companies for Minorities – Fortune magazine
- Top 100 Military Friendly Employers List - MilitaryFriendly.com
- 50 Happiest Companies in America - CareerBliss
- Best Places to Work for Recent Grads - ConnectEDU
- 100 Best Companies for Working Mothers – Working Mother magazine
- Top 40 Best Companies for Hispanics to Work – Hispanic Business magazine
- Top 10 Companies for African Americans to Work – DiversityInc
- Top 100 Best Places to Work in IT – Computerworld magazine
- Top 100 Companies for Employee Training and Development – Training magazine