We are the Good Hands; we help people realize their hopes and dreams through products and services designed to protect them from life’s uncertainties and to prepare them for the future. Nearly every major Allstate project has a partnership with technology – a partnership that is imperative to the success of the organization. With the company’s size and related technology scale, job opportunities and career advancement paths in IT are abundant at Allstate. In order to maintain our place at the forefront of the technological landscape, Allstate needs to hire the best and the brightest talent – is that you?
Understanding the ins and outs of the ever-changing technological landscape isn’t what makes you exceptional - your ability to transform concepts into solutions is what sets you apart. Luckily, that’s what we value the most about you.
The Allstate Infrastructure Services team is looking for a junior to mid-level UNIXLinux server engineer to perform server administration focusing primarily on the development of new hosting and platform management capabilities for the Allstate enterprise.
The ideal candidate will be working on implementing future technologies within the UNIXLinux platform engineering team. They will be expected to deliver work related to the engineering of new server capabilities and work across multiple infrastructure teams in an effort to deliver end-to-end solutions.
- Novice to moderate knowledge (3+ years of experience) of administering Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 or 6
- Novice to moderate knowledge of x86 hardware being able to demonstrate knowledge of current processor architectures, memory and local disk (RAID) administration in both blade and rack mount server models
- Novice to moderate knowledge of server clustering technology
- Novice to moderate knowledge of hypervisor technologies with a focus on VMware ESX
- Novice to moderate knowledge of building servers leveraging technologies such as Kickstart and PXE
- Novice to moderate knowledge of other infrastructure technologies such as data and storage networking, security, DNS and DHCP.
- Novice to moderate knowledge of Solaris 10 and understanding of Oracle SPARC hardware (i.e. T4)
Preferred but Not Required:
- Higher level of proficiency in skill sets identified above
- Knowledge and experience with Puppet
- Knoweldge and experience with HP Operations Orchestration
- Knowledge and experience with Red Hat Satellite
- Proficiency with scripting (bash, kornshell, Python, etc...)
We are insurance. We are financial services. We are also so much more. We are lawyers, writers, web developers, accountants, building engineers, application developers, project managers and human resource specialists. We are creative, driven, passionate, fearless and curious. Our unique culture of inclusion helps us maximize innovation and creativity. We believe that welcoming differing ideas, cultures and backgrounds gives us a competitive advantage in a diverse, global marketplace. At Allstate, it's our differences that drive our success — as individuals and as a company. We celebrate creative problem-solving as we work together to make a difference in our communities. We believe in providing the very best tools and resources available to help keep our customers — and our employees — in Good Hands®. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and LinkedIn to find out for yourself... or hear from some of our employees in We Are Allstate
Join our award-winning team!
Diversity, balance, innovation and providing an environment where employees can thrive. These are all core values at Allstate, and we have the awards to prove it:
- The World’s Leading Top 100 Companies – Forbes magazine
- Diversity Elite - America’s Best 50 Companies for Minorities – Fortune magazine
- Top 100 Military Friendly Employers List - MilitaryFriendly.com
- 50 Happiest Companies in America - CareerBliss
- Best Places to Work for Recent Grads - ConnectEDU
- 100 Best Companies for Working Mothers – Working Mother magazine
- Top 40 Best Companies for Hispanics to Work – Hispanic Business magazine
- Top 10 Companies for African Americans to Work – DiversityInc
- Top 100 Best Places to Work in IT – Computerworld magazine
- Top 100 Companies for Employee Training and Development – Training magazine