Senior QA/Test Software Engineer
This fast growing New Orleans software development company develops a multi-user medical management system that offers complete clinical and business software to the hospice and palliative care community. mumms Software posses a captivating, yet unique, company culture passionate about the mission of hospice and committed to making a difference all while maintaining a fun and collaborative work environment. Our excellence and dedication to our hospices and employees have landed us a top spot on the New Orleans City Business Best Places to Work 2014!
This is a unique opportunity for a Senior QA/Test Engineer to get in on the ground floor of a growing software company that’s developing new software with cutting edge technologies for the healthcare industry. Are you a Quality Assurance minded Software Engineer who excels at figuring out ways to break software, can document formal test plans and test cases in addition to performing ad-hoc testing, knows how to write an excellent bug with clear reproduction steps, has Linux, Java, Test Driven Development and Test Automation experience with excellent knowledge of web technologies, good communication skills and experience using Agile methodologies like Scrum? We are a dynamic company with great benefits looking for a smart Senior/Lead Test Software Engineer to join our team. Our industry is exploding and our company is poised to capitalize.
Successful candidates will have:
- Bachelors in Computer Science (or related) or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of formal testing experience writing test plans and test cases
- 3+ years of experience creating test automation scripts and using automation frameworks
- 3+ years programming experience (Java, C++, C#, Perl, PHP, JSP, etc.)
- 1+ year experience using Selenium in a Linux/Mac environment
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies with emphasis on testing Acceptance Criteria
- Very comfortable at the Linux command prompt (sed, awk, grep, etc.)
- Excellent bug writing skills with meticulous attention to details and reproduction steps
- Excellent communication skills using IM/chat, email and phone
- Experience using Test Driven Development, Extreme Programming or Pair Programming
- Java programming experience, particularly
- Developing and testing REST/SOAP web services
We offer an excellent compensation and employee benefit package, including health insurance, Simple IRA, short and long-term disability, life insurance, generous incentive plan, paid time off, catered lunch, relaxed atmosphere.