mPortal Inc, founded in 2000, has created award winning mobile user experiences which enable consumers to discover, download, purchase, and interact with content and applications for Mobile Network Operators (MNOs), Cable Operators, Media Companies and Next-Generation Converged Service Providers.
mPortal's products and services assist its customers to create, launch, manage, and monetize mobile content and applications across devices and networks. As a total solution provider, mPortal eliminates the complexities involved in launching a mobile offering. With mPortal as a strategic partner, customers can focus on their core business and rely on mPortal to provide its expertise in launching revenue-generating mobile experiences.
We are looking for a Mobile Application Architect with excellent customer-facing skills to be based out of our corporate headquarters in McLean, VA. Reporting to mPortal’s customer Deliveries Manager, the Mobile Application Architect will be the primary technical liaison with the customer for all technical aspects of particular projects, including technical architecture and technical integration. Working directly with the customer, often at the customer’s location, the Mobile Application Architect will understand and document the customer’s goals, requirements and timelines. Working with multiple internal mPortal teams, both domestic and off shore, the Mobile Application Architect will help to determine an acceptable delivery plan and timeline while providing the technical bridge between the customer and associated internal teams. This individual will also assist in technical sales activities.
The Mobile Application Architect should thrive in a creative, idea-driven culture with a deep desire to produce groundbreaking work; have a firm understanding of mobile smart phone, tablet and such devices (including large screen platforms and devices) development platforms, including iPhone, iPad, Blackberry, Android, and Windows Mobile. The individual should be proficient in developing applications on at least two of these platforms. The successful candidate should also be comfortable working in a distributed environment.
- Defining the overall technical architecture for the mobile application that is being envisioned with the customer.
- Defining the technical requirements for the implementation of the mobile solution.
- Discussing with the customer technical aspects of the mobile application solution architecture, including the technology used, methodology followed, and devices selected.
- Preparing technical solution and architecture documents, artifacts, work products and presentations for the customer.
- Representing the customer’s technical solution requirements to all applicable mPortal internal constituencies.
- Represent mPortal’s technical team in front of prospects/ customers towards acquiring new business
Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience (advanced degree a plus), have worked for a large consulting or systems integration, technology company, have significant technical experience in previous mobile projects and possess a proven track record for leading or supporting technical sales activities.
- 8+ years of Java, Objective-C, or C# development.
- 4+ years experience working with iPhone, iPad, Blackberry, Android, or Windows Mobile platforms.
- 3+ years of experience working for a large Consulting or Systems Integration company
- Good understanding and knowledge of Mobile Application development and experience working with either wireless carriers, cable operators, and/or media companies.
- Proven track-record of working with off-shore development teams and delivery.
- Experience in working as a sales engineer a plus, but not required.
- Proficient in authoring, editing and presenting technical documents such as FRDs, TSDs and architecture documents.
- Proficient in verbal communication skills including presentation to large audiences
- Ability to effectively present information to team members and management, customers and prospects.
- Excellent team building, people and management skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must demonstrate a hands-on approach, attention to detail and results orientation.