mPortal, founded in 2000, offers mobile software and services to telecom, cable and media providers, empowering them to deliver superior mobile user experiences for their content and services across smartphones, tablets, smart TVs and other IP-connected devices.
Specifically tailored to meet service provider’s needs, mPortal products are designed to extend brand and presence to connected devices, making it fun and easy for users to discover and interact with unified entertainment, social apps and communication services.
As a total solution provider, mPortal eliminates the complexities involved in launching a mobile offering. Using mPortal as a strategic partner, customers can focus on their core business and rely on mPortal to provide its expertise in launching revenue-generating mobile experiences.
Our Philadelphia office is looking for a Senior level Android Developer to join our growing team who has a solid understanding of the Android platform. Any knowledge of other mobile phone development platforms such as: iPhone, iPad, Flash Lite, Java ME, or BREW would be helpful. You will be responsible for driving the architecture of multiple Android development initiatives, and building proof-of-concept and production grade applications.
As a developer with mPortal you will be given the opportunity to work in a distributed environment and with both our in-house and off-shore team. If you thrive in a creative, idea-driven culture with a deep desire to produce groundbreaking work then this is your job!
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience; advanced degree a plus
- 3+ years of Android development experience
- 5+ years of Java development
- Knowledge of other languages, such as C#, C++, Objective C, etc a plus.
- Knowledge of other platforms, such as iPhone, iPad, Blackberry, etc a plus.
- Ability to effectively present information to team members and management
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Must demonstrate a hands-on approach, attention to detail and results orientation
- Experience working with cable operators a plus