As a Network Administrator II you will be responsible for the installation, layout, and maintenance of all network components. Plan, design, analyze, and provide technical support for data communications network or group of networks. Conduct research and evaluation of network technology and recommend purchases of network equipment.
- Consult with users and evaluate requirements, recommend designs, provide cost analyses, plan projects, and coordinate tasks for installation of data networks.
- Analyze and resolve technical problems for established networks.
- Plan, test, recommend, and implement network, file server, mainframe, and workstation hardware and software.
- Provide network documentation, training, and guidance to computing system clients and programmers.
- Serve as technical specialist in network problems and emergencies.
- Troubleshoot and resolve network production problems.
- Conduct technical research on network upgrades and components to determine feasibility, cost, time required, and compatibility with current system.
- Install, configure and maintain network components.
- Determine plan layout for new hardware or modifications to existing layout.
- Install, upgrade, and configure network printing, directory structures, user access, security, software, and file services.
- Establish user profiles, user environments, directories, and security for networks being installed.
- Work as a team member with other technical staff, such as systems to ensure connectivity and compatibility between systems.
- Work with vendors to resolve complex network problems.
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed by the network.
- Document network problems and resolutions for future reference.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science OR
- More than 5 years experience in IT Infrastructure support
- 5+ years of data networking experience
- Cisco router and switch knowledge
- Strong network troubleshooting skills
- General working knowledge of Active Directory
- Security Audits
- Performance Analysis and Tuning
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Demonstrated abilities to combine business and technical perspectives.
- Skills in effective verbal and written communication, people management, and project management.