We are looking for an individual who is detail-oriented, organized and adept at problem solving to join our dynamic, growing company. This position is responsible for designing, troubleshooting & maintaining Microsoft SQL 200x Databases, SQL Scripts, Microsoft SQL Server Cluster Architecture, Database disaster recovery and Java/JDBC. Understand and implement mirroring technology. The functions of the position include:
* Support development, test and production systems: DEV, QA, Production & DR SQL Servers.
* Work with operations team to determine and fix root cause issues.
* Make independent decisions that will affect server stability and uptime.
* Work with operations team and provide after hours support.
* Write, test and trouble-shoot tSQL Scripts.
* Create and execute test plans.
* Provide detailed analysis of test results and problem reporting.
* Have extensive knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2000 and 2005.
* Communicating regularly with Developers and understand Java Programming.
* Maintain Development, QA, Production and DR System Databases.
* Administers, maintains, develops and implements policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the company databases.
* Implements data models and database designs, data access and table maintenance codes; resolves database performance issues, database capacity issues, replication, and other distributed data issues including disaster recovery.
* Understand, Implement and maintain database Clustering & Mirroring.
* Previous experience in Testing or QA desirable.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills (technical).
* Must be self-disciplined and subscribe to best practices.
* A solid foundation in PC and Windows environments.
* Knowledge of SQL and relational databases.
* Knowledge of object oriented program languages such as Java.
* MS SQL DBA experience.
* 5+ years of experience in the field or in a related area.
* Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
* Rely on independent judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
* Perform a variety of tasks.
* Work under minimal supervision.
* Knowledge of system administration desirable.
* Experience working with clustered and mirroring environments.
* Knowledge of disaster recovery systems.
* Experience in enterprise applications.
* Experience with DTS Packages & SSIS.
* Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience.
Unishippers offers a full benefits package, paid time off, paid holidays, educational assistance.