Sr.Web Application Engineer
- Rapidly learn and become proficient in all aspects the ScanLife platform
- Work with the engineering and product teams to design, develop, test, and deploy customer features
- Work with your scrum team to build features in the handset scanning app, the web-based Code Management Platform, and the server side scan resolution system
- Work on all aspects of each feature from design to test
- Improve the scalability, reliability, and capacity of our core systems
- Participate in Agile development as a member of a self-organizing Scrum team
- Contribute to product design in a collaborative, distributed team environment
- Improve our engineering practices
You don’t need all of these, but the more you have the better. If you don’t have more than half then you’re probably not a good match for this job.
- BS degree from an accredited university in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical discipline. MS would be a plus
- 4+ years experience in commercial software development
- Experience building highly scalable and reliable Java web applications
- Familiarity with J2EE, Spring and Hibernate
- Experience or familiarity with Java, Linux, MySQL,
- Multithreaded programming, Cloud (Amazon, Google, or other)
- Web programming – Building RESTful interfaces, OAuth, Tomcat, MVC model
- Mobile device app development: Mobile web, Android, iOS, Blackberry
- interest in and exposure to modern programming tools and practices such as Open Source, TDD, Git, Continuous Build and Integration
Scanbuy is the leading global provider of mobile barcode solutions. We use mobile phones as a link between the physical and digital worlds. Used in over 125 countries around the world every day, the ScanLife scanner app is the gateway for consumers to make more informed purchases and for companies to connect to consumers in their daily lives away from a computer.
We are a distributed Agile organization that uses scrum for our daily activities. We empower our team to do its best work in its own way, and we depend on it to uphold high engineering standards and to do the right thing. At Scanbuy, you will be on a Scrum team working closely with a few other colleagues to build value for our customers in the best way you know how. We value deep levels of expertise and experience coupled with the willingness to pitch in as needed to make the team successful. The choice of tasks you work on will be your own in concert with the needs of the team. We’re not perfect, but we try to do real Scrum here.
We have been a distributed team for some years now and we have figured out how to make it work for us. Don’t let your location keep you from getting on a team where your development scope spans the entire product set. If you like having the kind of impact you can have only in a small company, you should check us out.