Sirius Computer Solutions is a nationally recognized solution provider with a certified team of sales and technical professionals who have the skills, product knowledge and commitment to help clients develop and implement the right solutions to solve their business needs. You will be joining a company known for cultivating the best talent, providing a positive work environment, and offering a competitive compensation and benefits package designed to help our employees to thrive both personally and professionally.
To meet the needs created by our strategic growth, we are looking for a Storage Solutions Engineer for our team.
The Storage Solutions Engineer role includes both customer billable and pre-sales technical support activities. The Storage Solutions Engineer must have the strong ability to work consultatively with our clients to develop comprehensive Storage solutions based on detailed analysis of their business and technical requirements. This includes gathering key requisite business and technical information, developing Storage architecture, and designing, implementing and configuring Storage products.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent work experience. Equivalent work experience is defined as 2 years of related work experience for every 1 year of missing post-secondary education, in addition to the required experience below.
• 3 + years of SAN/NAS storage experience, such as Netapp, HP, EMC, HDS, IBM, Dell
• Network backup (Netbackup, TSM, Legato, etc) skills.
• FibreChannel SAN architecture/Design/Implementation.
Other Required Qualifications
• Storage Based Replication technology (Global Mirror/SRDF/SnapMirror,etc) is a plus
• Storage Product Solution delivery expertise - IBM, EMC, HP, etc.
• NetApp certifications are desired but not required.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills
• General office environment and activities
• Constant use of keyboard
• Travel to various client locations and some weekend work required – quantity varies by location
• Air travel capability required
• Ability to travel up to 60%.
For those ready to Get Sirius, we offer a competitive benefits package which includes such plans as medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, long term care, 401(k), paid holidays, and sick leave and vacation accrual. In addition, Sirius employees may utilize other benefits such as including education reimbursement, online training and travel programs.
Sirius is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and encourages diversity in the workplace.