SONY ONLINE ENTERTAINMENT
Position: Tools (Java/C++) Software Engineer
Location: San Diego, CA
This position is part of the SOE QA Engineering department, responsible for developing and maintaining QA Automation, Customer Service, International Operations and other tools used throughout the company. The ideal candidate will have 4-6 years of experience in a software development environment using Java and/or C++.
• Design, develop and maintain software tools and web applications, working individually or as part of a team. There is often a need to work on multiple projects concurrently
• Integrate API’s from other departments, typically REST or SOAP
• Proactively identify and act on opportunities to improve system performance and availability
• Mentor other team members
• BA/BS or equivalent in Computer Science/Related Field OR 5+ years experience in the software development industry
• Working knowledge of client/server architecture, transactional systems, SQL databases (preferably Oracle and EDB), networking and web development
• Advanced knowledge of Java and/or C++ on Windows and Linux environments
• Strong object-oriented analysis and design skills
• Working knowledge of the software development process (SCRUM, Waterfall, Milestone, etc.), including specification, documentation and quality assurance test cycles
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, successfully presenting solutions while being open to feedback from others, working in a team or as an individual contributor
Experience in one or more of the following technical areas desired:
• Linux and Windows system administration
• Web and/or J2EE servers: Tomcat, Apache
To apply please visit https://rn12.ultipro.com/SON1002/jobboard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=226
Sony Online Entertainment LLC (SOE) is a recognized worldwide leader in massively multiplayer online games which have entertained millions of players around the globe. SOE creates and delivers compelling entertainment for the personal computer, online, game console and wireless markets. Known for its blockbuster franchise EverQuest®, its successful online trading card game Legends of Norrath®, as well as the recent kids’ phenomenon Free Realms™, SOE continues to raise the bar for online gaming and players worldwide. SOE also works with Sony's U.S. operating companies in the area of online advertising and sponsorship sales. We are headquartered in San Diego, CA with an office in Austin, TX.
SOE is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace.