Company Overview: For more than a decade, Teknion has been providing business technology solutions that empower our clients to realize the full potential from their enterprise data. We provide business consulting, software solutions, and business intelligence services that increase operational efficiency, enhance enterprise collaboration and enable faster decision-making to achieve operational performance. We are dedicated to helping organizations become more efficient, profitable, and competitive.
At Teknion, we are committed to pioneering a new approach to business consulting. Our philosophy and reason for success is that we believe power should be returned to the client. We work closely with our clients to meet their specific needs in designing and building flexible, scalable and easy-to-use solutions.
Job Description: Teknion is looking for a skilled Consultant for our Irving, TX office. The primary focus for this position will be delivering Business Intelligence solutions to our clients. The successful candidate will be responsible for interfacing with clients to gather requirements, database design and development, ETL design and development, BI solution design and development, dashboard and visualization development, testing, and solution implementation and maintenance. Engagements range from Proofs of Concept and Data Marts to Enterprise Data Warehouses. The consultant may also contribute on custom application development projects as needed. Applicants must be well rounded in a variety of technical skills that will be used across all kinds of consulting engagements. Applicants must have excellent communication skills (verbal and written), be highly self-motivated, be a clear thinker, demonstrate leadership potential, and maintain outstanding professionalism.
- Degree in the area of MIS, CIS, or Computer Science or related experience
- 5-7 years minimum working in data warehousing and business intelligence with advanced knowledge of best practices in data warehousing and business intelligence
- 5 years minimum experience using the Microsoft SQL Server BI stack (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS)
- 5-7 years minimum experience with T-SQL with advanced understanding of the SQL language
- 5-7 years minimum experience in data modeling using best practices for analytic and reporting solutions
- 4-5 years minimum experience using a data visualization and exploration tool like Tableau, Qlikview, Spotfire etc.
- Advanced understanding of visualization best practices with the ability to quickly turn requirements into a functional dashboard or analytics tool.
- Strong Mentoring and Leadership skills
- Must be able to communicate with clients in a professional manner and lead small engagements.
- Must be quick to pick up new technologies, and have a desire to learn new things.
Full-Time Employment Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Company-wide bonus plan participation
- Retirement matching plan
- Comprehensive insurance benefits
- Clear career track with promotion opportunities
- Professional development and technology training
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.