Warner Bros. Entertainment is a global leader in all forms of entertainment and their related businesses across all current and emerging media and platforms. A Time Warner Company, the fully integrated, broad-based Studio is home to one of the most successful collections of brands in the world and stands at the forefront of every aspect of the entertainment industry from feature film, television and home entertainment production and worldwide distribution to DVD, digital distribution, animation, comic books, video games, product and brand licensing, international cinemas and broadcasting.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Warner Bros. Technical Operations Inc. seeks a Manager, Digital Media Systems Operations for the Systems department. The Manager, Digital Media Systems Operations manages the day-to-day operations, activities, and resources (both internal and outsourced) for the DETE and MARS systems. DETE and MARS are mission critical digital media distribution solutions for the Warner Bros. supply chain providing digital asset management, search services, ordering, packaging, asset transformation, and distribution services for multiple Warner Bros. business units, 3rd parties, and integrated systems. The Digital Media Systems Operations Manager performs as a subject matter expert for digital media distribution solutions and workflows including large scale servicing, packaging and asset transformation solutions, and will participate in long term planning for these solutions.
- Manage the daily operations, activities, and resources for DETE and MARS ensuring timely and consistent service delivery including system response times, system availability, and on time deliveries.
- Direct internal and external vendor resources assigned to support or system projects.
- Manage the resources and implementation of digital media system projects and changes as directed.
- Manage relationships and expectations of digital media system owners and stakeholders to ensure consistent and reliable service.
- Collaborate with management and system clients to identify system and process changes. Participate in the definition and implementation of process improvement projects.
- Provide input for digital media strategy and governance. Provide thought leadership in the areas of digital media management, transformation, packaging, integration and delivery.
- Provide ad hoc reporting and trend analysis to WB executive management and business users as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 5 years experience managing large scale digital media systems.
- 4 years experience managing digital media distribution.
- 3 years experience in digital asset management.
- 3 years experience managing digital media delivery issues.
- 3 years experience in technology and systems project management.
- 3 years experience with North Plains Telescope or another DAM solution including. system management, administration, architecture and integration preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with Oracle SOA/ESB or similar solutions.
- Demonstrated skills: systems integration, SOA and ESB implementation, Oracle or equivalent databases, and messaging technologies.
- Strong understanding of digital media transport technologies, Linux, and Windows operating systems, Active Directory/LDAP/Authentication frameworks and portal frameworks such as LifeRay.
- Proven troubleshooting and analysis skills with complex, integrated systems.
- Proven proficiency in a modern programming language such as Java.
- Understanding of the entire SDLC and it’s practical application.
- Written and oral communication skills to communicate in a manner that is clear, well organized, informative, and persuasive.
- Facilitation and presentation skills, including presentations to senior executives.
- Ability to work with outside vendors and clients under sometimes adverse circumstances and under time critical constraints.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including overtime, if and when necessary.