Warner Bros. Entertainment, a fully integrated, broad-based entertainment company, is the global leader in the creation, production, distribution, licensing and marketing of all forms of entertainment and their related businesses. Warner Bros., a Time Warner Company, stands at the forefront of every aspect of the entertainment industry, from feature films to television, home video/DVD, animation, comic books, interactive entertainment and games, product and brand licensing, international cinemas and broadcasting.
We are currently seeking a Director, Disaster Recovery to join the Business Continuity Planning department. The Director, Disaster Recovery will advance the development and execution of the Disaster Recovery Program within Warner Bros. In this position, the Director will have to utilize project management skills, influence and technical and business knowledge in order to accomplish work. The Director will play a lead role on the Warner Bros. Business Continuity Planning and Disaster Recovery (BCP/DR) team and will work with systems and business teams to identify risks in the environment to create viable recovery solutions and mitigation plans.
The Director, Disaster Recovery will be tasked with the following responsibilities:
- Assume management responsibility for IT disaster recovery (including data-center-specific and non- data-center-specific IT infrastructure) for systems within in-scope technical organizations in the company, with a major focus on achieving all financial estimates, ensuring adequacy of end-state production recovery environments, meeting all strategic planning deliverables, and coordinating activities of technology resources with key business units and development groups, as required.
- Coordinate with disaster recovery program management personnel in the Corporate IT department to ensure consistency in processes and to leverage technology for disaster recovery solutions wherever possible.
- Assist in the determination of acceptable risk and recommend creative solutions to minimize impact of a disaster.
- Initiate and manage data center recovery capacity planning coordination with key IT technology groups in support of specific business unit initiatives (current, planned and new), focusing on proactively ensuring an adequate recovery network and processing environment, as well as accurate and predictive budgeting.
- Oversee the execution of the disaster recovery plan(s) when IT and/or major business operations disruptions occur.
- Oversee the design, execution and continuous improvement of the disaster recovery plan through rigorous exercising.
- Manage the creation of program status communications, including annual reporting, audit report responses and customer requests.
- Coordinate all hardware, software and network requirements with backup facility, IT team and vendors to ensure required contracted configurations are in place.
- Evaluate and advise on selection of vendors to ensure service level agreements meet disaster recovery planning requirements.
- Provide expert guidance and expertise on all matters related to disaster recovery and business continuity management for IT operations.
- Represent BCP/DR team on development projects and on ITIL process initiatives.
Desirable candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree expected and at least 10 years of IT experience.
- Five+ years experience in disaster recovery.
- Experience in risk management, business continuity a plus.
- CEM, EMCP, CBCP, MBCP, CISSA, CISSP or PMP certification a plus.
- Expert knowledge of disaster recovery and business continuance policies, procedures, regulations and governance processes required.
- Strong understanding of regulatory requirements impacting company (e.g. NFPA 1600, HIPPA, SOX, FCC, etc), required.
- Strong knowledge of technologies deployed in a media and entertainment environment.
- Strong knowledge of ITIL practices.
- Must be able to interface and coordinate work efficiently and effectively with colleagues in remote locations.
- Must be an expert user of MS Office Tools: Excel, Word, Power Point and Visio.
- Experience with SunGard LDRPS or other business continuity software preferred.
- Must be able to work flexible hours to accommodate events or international schedules when necessary.
- Approximately 30% Domestic and International travel required.