Alltech International is an 18 year-old award winning IT Consulting and Professional Services firm headquartered in the Washington D.C. metropolitan area. Alltech International’s focus on QUALITY support to the federal government and government integrators has led it to become a leader in the federal services market.
The platform is used for electronically filing returns with the IRS. It provides SOA based web services that filers use to submit returns, and provides web applications for IRS users to work with the returns. The system validates filed returns, determines their disposition, and interfaces with other IRS systems for downstream processing of the returns.
The Test Engineer is responsible for analyzing applications, systems and related customer/development requirements and for the design, development, and execution of the corresponding test scenarios and test cases.
- Define the test strategy for customer requirements to include designing, writing, and executing test cases and procedures that define specific test criteria and the expected results to be achieved (45%)
- Identify, analyze and document all programming errors and operational characteristics that are inconsistent with stated requirements and design specification goals for the given program, application or set of applications (20%)
- Verify and validate resolutions to problems (15%)
- Attend requirements analysis working sessions along with design reviews and working sessions, when applicable, to gain a thorough understanding of the intent of the requirements and software system design. This knowledge will be essential for producing and reviewing test plans, test cases and procedures (10%)
- Provide focus to specific product areas and assume responsibility for assuring all documentation is in synch with product. Determine validity of final system with respect to user needs and requirements(10%)
- Active IRS MBI
- System and Application Test (3 yrs)
- Unix/AIX (3yrs)
- Oracle (3 yrs)
- Rational (ClearCase and ClearQuest) (3 yrs)
- SQL (3 yrs)
- XML Schema (3 yrs)
- Java (3 yrs)
- Web Services (SOA) (2 yrs)
In addition to a dynamic environment, Alltech International offers a very competitive salary, paid hours worked over 40, 401K, health and dental insurance coverage, paid holidays and vacation, as well as company paid Life Insurance and Short and Long Term disability.