Manager, Development Operations
Some opportunities are one-of-a kind. Some organizations are one-of-a kind. Some technologies are one-of-a-kind.
We have on offer a newly created opportunity that is all of those things.
Parc is world renowned as a research organization that practices open innovation, provides custom R&D services, technology and IP to internationally the world’s leading institutions and organizations.
We’ve created the infrastructure, tools and platform that our researchers and their partners require to create breakthrough innovations and IP, we’re looking for a Manager who can harness the state-of-the-art infrastructure we’ve built to enable PARC researchers to deliver breakthrough innovations harnessing the Internet of Things (IoT), Big Data, Real-Time Analytics and Cloud to support our agile research and development environment.
We’re looking for a hands-on leader who proactively ensures that our infrastructure surpasses industry standards. Our research environments are rapidly changing and dynamic, and our infrastructure needs to mirror that.
As our Manager, Development Operations you’ll drive the development and operational support of our Openstack-based private cloud infrastructure, MY SQL Analytical Service, AMPs labs Spark/Shark and RabbitMQ Messaging service. You’ll step up and resolve any blocking issues that hamper our ability to remain cutting edge and best-of-the-class. You’ll provide expert counsel to our research, technical and leadership teams. Finally, you’ll identify emerging technologies to be assimilated, integrated and employed, and maintain an IT infrastructure that excites and creates value for our staff through continuous improvement and engagement with the IT and technology community.
- Identify and implement improvements to the product and processes around managing the cloud environment and tenant relationships (PARC researchers and world wide Xerox Researchers)
- Tightly coordinate with PARC IT team for troubleshooting, maintenance, capacity management, and architectural design and deployment of new tools and infrastructure.
- Maintain current hands-on knowledge of the deployment and update process for the cloud environments.
- Take responsibility for the availability and reliability of PARC cloud and big data infrastructure
- Save the company a lot of money on infrastructure costs
- Author tools that reliably manage infrastructure with clean, re-usable code.
- Own our server image configurations, collaborating with core server engineers to optimize for task performance, reliability, failover and scale.
- 7+ years of relevant IT experience, with experience around designing, implementing, and managing critical cross-functional integration projects.
- 1+ years of experience with the virtualization, and image building for OpenStack
- Strong Python/Ruby programming experience
- Understanding of modern IT production data center and Internet (ISP/ASP) hosting operations
- Must be effective in working both independently and in a team setting.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
- M.S. degree or equivalent operations/development experience.
- Experience with database administration. MYSQL and MongoDB a plus.
- Experience with message bus architectures. RabbitMQ a plus.
- Experience working closely with other teams to support and maintain a multi-tier cloud application service
- Understanding of Cloud Computing operating principles, features, and benefits for Service Providers, Enterprise, Small, Medium-size business customers, and educational institutions.