Our client a leading global investment bank having itsUSheadquarters inNew York,NYhas a strong and profitable private clients franchise, Asset Management Division, Corporate and Investment Banking Division.
Currently the corporation is seeking to hire UNIX System Administrators (Level III)
Position: UNIX System Administrators (Level III)
Location: Parsippany NJ
No. of Position: 3
Interview: 1st round Telephonic + In-person interview in Florida with HR and team (Candidate needs to be available and committedfor this meeting)
The core infrastructure team is a team within a group of technical staff in the Group Technology Services area. This team interfaces with various teams within the bank and providing Global support to the banks UNIX infrastructure. This is a UNIX systems administration role within a highly technical environment, so excellent strong technical skills are essential, as there is large amounts of interaction involved in this role. Background in a financial services environment or have (and be able to clearly articulate) a directly transferable and relevant industry experience is important. Team player who inspires others around you to meet your high standards and diligence.Expert in key areas of you Systems Administrator skills, a person that other people seek out for assistance and advice that you willingly share.Must be looking for a challenging and truly Global role in a fast paced and constantly changing Tier One Investment Banking Enterprise Technology environment.
- Systems Administrator experience should include working with Application and Project teams as well as Storage, Database, Market Data, Networks and Hardware Engineering teams, including IT Facilities Management. Individual must be comfortable working with these teams in the planning of major infrastructure or application changes.
- Experience supporting Solaris and Linux in a large scale Production environment.
- Extensive and proven experience of advanced OS troubleshooting, OS patching, Veritas Product Suite, Shell scripting, Application deployments, Software installation and Disaster Recovery testing.Individual should also be comfortable covering simple support issues as required.
- Liaise with Off-shore Support teams, Incident and Problem Management teams as well as Business Unit clients, conversing and highlighting issues or assisting them in the planning and implementation of major project work.
- Clear understanding of the ITIL processes and an understanding of Incident, Problem and Change Management.
- Comfortable working under pressure and exhibit strong multi-tasking skills, prioritizing tasks as and when required.
Responsibilities to be handled:
- Point of escalation for Global UNIX L1/L2 SA’s including on-call escalation where required.Point of escalation for High Severity Incidents/Problems.
- Ownership and Responsibility for High Severity Problem Management Investigations.
- Perform regular Pro-active reviews of the Global UNIX Infrastructure and identify both process and procedural improvements.
- Documentation/Automation of standard processes and procedures for distribution to the Global UNIX SA teams.
- Providing training / knowledge transfer of new processes and procedures to the Global UNIX SA teams where required.
- Ownership and responsibility for designing and planning major changes within infrastructure and assisting application teams with their requirements.
- Acceptance testing of latest builds, patch releases, hardware platforms and OS software releases from the Engineering team for signoff into the production operating environment.
- Appreciation of business deadlines, and priorities balanced with best security practices and working methods.
- Understanding of risk analysis and assessment.
Minimum of 5 years of intense UNIX technical support experience in production support mode is required to qualify.
- Solaris 10 (and earlier releases) – 5+ years
- Solaris 10 Zones – 3+years
- Linux (Red hat, SUSE, VMware) – 5+ years
- Veritas Cluster Server (Support & Architecture/Deployments) – 5+ years
- Veritas Volume Manager (including advanced troubleshooting) – 5+ years
- Veritas File System – 5+ years
- Sun Volume Manger – 3+ years
- Shell scripting – 5+ years
- EMC San technologies (RDF, DMX, Symmetric UNIX Command set) – 3+ years
- Documentation skills (SharePoint, wiki)
- Over 5 years of the above technical skills
- AIX Administration skills - HUGE PLUS
- Oracle Exadata (OEL) – understanding would be very helpful
- Oracle RAC – understanding would be very helpful
- Veritas Cluster File System (CFS)
- iTIL foundation
- Perl Scripting
- HDS storage technologies (TrueCopy)
If you are interested kindly submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org