At Belkin, people come first. Without question, the single greatest contributing factor to our nearly 30 years of success is our talented and ambitious staff. We’ve found that by creating an inspirational, supportive and enriching environment, we thrive. And we’ve accomplished more than we ever dreamed was possible.
Around here, it’s not about fancy titles, strong political positioning skills, or a healthy list of names to drop. Here, it’s all about results. We know what needs to be achieved, and we work together to get the job done. Each of us uses our individual knowledge, creativity and resources to come up with fresh ideas and new concepts we can truly own. With that independence comes a high degree of responsibility and accountability, but we always rise to the occasion.
As a member of Mechanical Engineering team, the Senior Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for designing and developing highly desirable consumer products from initial concept all the way to production. This position is responsible for engineering Belkin products with great sensitivity to design, while working closely with Industrial Designers, Product Managers, Program managers, and vendors to ensure product development objectives and schedules are met. Specific responsibilities include:
Specific responsibilities include:
• Work closely with Industrial Designers on initial concept development which includes brainstorming, sketching, and complex 3D surface CAD modeling.
• Design injection molded, compression-molded, insert-molded or co-molded plastic parts using ProEngineer Wildfire 5.0/Creo or higher.
• Design products applying principles of DFM and DFA
• Develop detailed Manufacturing packages (including BOM, 3D CAD database, detailed part drawings, and detail assembly drawings) for effective design transfer to manufacturing.
• Manage Mechanical BOM and ECO through the use of Agile (PLM).
• Responsible for coordinating quotation, fabrication of prototype parts, tooling, testing and verification of product requirements.
• Assist with generation of product specifications.
• Fulfill responsibilities under ISO 9001 and 14001; understand and fully support IS0 system.
• Fulfill responsibilities under OHSAS 18001, understand and fully support OHSAS 18001 system.
Education and Experience Requirements:
• BSME or MSME/MSIE preferred.
• Minimum of 6 years (8 years preferred) related work experience in new product development including extensive interaction with Industrial Designers and manufacturing vendors.
• At least 4 years of ProEngineer/ProSurface experience a must. ISDX experience preferred.
• A passion for designing beautiful and functional products.
• Knowledge of, and experience in, designing waterproof and impact-resistant products a plus.
• Strong materials knowledge a plus.
• Strong knowledge of a variety of manufacturing processes including injection molding, machining, co-molding, and rapid prototyping.
• Understanding of decoration processes such as IMD, IML, painting, pad printing, VM, NCVM, etc.
• Familiarity with tolerance stack up and structural analysis.
• Strong planning, scheduling, and presentation skills
• Multi-country joint development experience is highly desired. In particular working with China-based manufacturing and onsite experience a plus.
• Must be able to obtain a Chinese Visa.
• There is potential for approximately 15%-20% travel.