As a Help Desk Technician, you would work in close collaboration with our small and agile IT team in a dynamic environment with quality customer service as our ultimate goal. This position comes with great potential to learn and advance your technical skills within a fast moving company.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Provide phone, email, walk-in, local building and remote site technical support.
- Open trouble tickets for end users reporting various problems.
- Escalate trouble tickets, depending on the support needs of the end user.
- Input and maintain detailed, accurate data in trouble tickets for purposes of tracking, escalating and reporting issues.
- Monitor and follow-up on end user email and voicemail requests.
- Advise end users, as appropriate, of status updates relative to individual trouble tickets, system outages and other network related conditions.
- Provide cell phone support, break/fix, swap, upgrades and inventory.
- Manage IT peripheral inventory and IT storage room (shared task with other IT staff).
- Image & setup laptop and desktop computers for deployment (shared task with other IT staff).
- Perform daily testing of critical systems to ensure proper operation and proactively identify potential problems.
- Help identify and improve internal Help Desk processes and procedures with the intent of improving customer service (shared task with other IT staff).
- Assist in developing and maintaining Help Desk documentation (shared task with other IT staff).
- Participate in various projects to expand the Help Desk knowledge base and skill set (shared task with other IT staff).
The ideal candidate will also possess:
- Excellent problem solving skills to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues independently.
- Extensive experience setting up multiple Microsoft Windows OS versions.
- Extensive experience troubleshooting OS, application and hardware issues on desktop and laptops.
- A person who stays current with the latest industry technology and trends mainly within the consumer world, gamers etc.
- Possess excellent interpersonal communication skills and experience with a wide variety of personalities.
- Demonstrates patience when problem solving technical issues both over the phone and in person.
- Possess strong organization skills.
- Energetic, self-directed, motivated and professional individual who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Familiarity with the following: Windows XP/7, Microsoft Office 2003/2007/2010, local and network printing, file administration, network connectivity issues, VPN, TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, and WINS troubleshooting and other Ethernet/Remote Access issues.
Blackstone Technology Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.