The Production Support group prides itself in keeping the applications and systems of Visa up and running to cater to the 24*7 needs of the business. As part of the team – you will be responsible for supporting critical applications and ensure the stability of the applications by performing proactive maintenance activities, engage in automation activities, do root cause analysis and remediation. The role requires working knowledge of production support processes such as incident/change/problem management, call triaging, escalation procedures and such. The role will also demand the ability to write and maintain scripts to monitor system activity including application smoke test activities during pre and post production implementations.
We seek an experienced IT professional to join us as an application support engineer working in the Open Systems Operations group. Candidate must have 6+ years of software development and administration experience and supporting end-users, configuring, and troubleshooting software applications, systems, databases and associated devices. In addition to delivering technically, the candidate will lead by example, be self-motivated, and have excellent interpersonal communication skills.
1. 6+ years experience in Software Development.
2. At least 4 years experience in application support involving Microsoft Visual Studio .Net, C#.Net, & SQL technologies
3. Must have experience working in 24*7 environments .
4. Experience working with Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008 Database, Reporting Services and Analysis Services
5. Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Windows 2003/2008 & IIS 7/8.
6. Experience in scripting against windows i.e. PowerShell, VB
7. Demonstrated proficiency in troubleshooting, root-cause analysis, application design, and implementing major components for large projects
8. Knowledge of monitoring tools, alert escalation, customer / vendor management etc.
9. Build tools to automate production support activities that enable efficiency and productivity of Service desk and other operations groups
10. Familiarity and/or experience in implementing ITIL concepts in addition to technical aptitude are highly valued
11. 1-2 years of experience with Oracle, PL/SQL (stored procedures, functions, views, triggers) and UNIX Bash scripting(good to have)
12. Experience in supporting systems that run on Oracle (DBA skills are a plus but not required)
13. Solid experience with web-related technologies including Websphere, Apache, Tomcat, etc. (good to have)
14. Experience with shell scripting, PERL or other related automation techniques (good to have)
15. Solid understanding of core networking concepts such as routing, protocols, subnets, DNS