Jobs: Senior ETL Analyst /Developer
Duration : 4-6+ months of Contract to hire
Location : San Francisco, CA
Background check & References: required, after the confirmation
- Senior ETL Developer with experience in any ETL tools - Informatica, Cognos, DataStage, SQL etc - Expertise in Data modeling - 8~10 years of experience in ETL tools - Should have excellent communications skills - Good to have - Cognos Data manager .
- Responsible for the overall architecture, design and development of Data Warehouse and Data Mart Life Cycle from business requirements to development of logical design, translation to physical design, ETL code development and testing using standard ETL tools.
- Apply and help institute best practices, methodology and standards in DW and ETL design and development to meet project requirements.
- Help plan and maintain the physical technical infrastructure, its configuration, performance, and storage requirements.
- Also responsible for administering ETL tool and designing a scalable infrastructure for the Data Warehouse and ETL.
- Develop design & development specifications, and metadata documentation.
- Translate business requirements into DW/ETL Technical Design and coordinate with BI developers, DBA and System Administrators, Project Managers in the development, automation and maintenance of Data Warehouse (including data profiling, logical and physical models, documentation) and ETL work flows, jobs, batch scripts, Data Marts and Cubes.
- Demonstrate expertise in data modeling tools such as ERWIN, ERSTUDIO, ETL tools such as IBM COGNOS Data Manager, Informatica, databases such as Oracle, SQL*Server etc., dimensional databases such as TM1, Essbase, SSAS etc.,and serve as technical expert on in-house ETL process and solutions
Enhancements and Production Support:
- Develop SQL, PL/SQL stored procedures, ETL jobs, using ETL Tools such as Data Manager/Data Stage/ Informatica, Databases such as Oracle/SQL*Server etc.to meet established service level requirements for bug fixes and enhancements.
- Provide production support for the daily ETL batch process, including: troubleshooting, security, training, performance monitoring & documentation.
- Also serve as subject matter expert and provide training for operation/ETL production process.
- Work with application developers and computer operations to support development, test and production ETL environments including daily administration, batch processing, configuration management, environment migration, and tool automation.
- Hands-on and proven experience with aspects of the Data Warehouse lifecycle including data profiling and analysis, data modeling & design (preferably using STAR schema approach). Solid understanding of transaction and information systems, data warehouses, data marts, ODS, MDM and ETL methodologies. Technical assessment of current infrastructure, design and implementation of scalable platform to support growing demand of users and processes. Proficient in Agile/Scrum development methodology.
- Design and develop data models. Proficient in Data Modeling tools like ERWin or ER Studio.
- Develop SQL DML and DDL statements and stored procedures in Oracle environment. Proficient in DWH and ETL design. Create and automate ETL jobs to source data from various source systems and heterogeneous relational databases (Oracle, SQLServer, etc.,) and dimensional databases such as Essbase, TM1, SSAS etc.,
- Proficient in ETL tools such as Data Manager, Informatica etc., and Oracle 11g database.
- Automate and tune daily ETL batch process.
- Write Technical specifications, presentations, training materials, user documentation, and technical documentation. Provide effort estimates to develop proposal for projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to solve problems quickly and completely.
- Self-driven and excellent planning and execution skills with a proven ability to establish and meet impactful goals and objectives.
- Familiar in designing and building enterprise portal, reports and analytics with professional report building software packages such as Cognos, Business Objects, etc., Also with report terminology and concepts such as drill-down, roll-up, aggregation, etc. and Cognos 10 (Framework Manager, Transformer, Metrics Server, Analysis Studio, Report Studio, Query Studio, TM1, Business Insight, Go Mobile).
Education, Training and Experience
- A minimum of a bachelor of science in Computer Science, CIS/MIS or equivalent degree from an accredited four year institution.
- 10+ years Data Warehouse architecture/design/build/maintain experience and developing ETL scripts/jobs using standard tools such as ERWIN, PL/SQL, Data Manager, Data Stage, Informatica and heterogeneous relational databases such as Oracle, SQL*Server etc., and dimensional databases such as Essbase, TM1, SSAS etc.,
- 1-3 years of experience working in a healthcare/education environment.
- Experience managing data in accordance with HIPAA compliance regulations.
Please send resumes to email@example.com