Job Requisition Number: 69496
Category: Network/Telecom - Engineer
Primary Location: Fort Meade, MD, US
Security Clearance: TS/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Status: Must be Current
Schedule: Full Time
Type of Travel:
Percent of Travel Required: None
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
Performs as an emerging technical expert with advanced knowledge and experience in local and wide area networking, communications, and related software/hardware within a multi-platform operating environment. Current on technological developments and applications, and evaluates vendor products to make recommendations for purchase. Recommends network security and policies. May work with Voice and/or Data Communications Analyst. Works with other network professionals as directed or as needed to coordinate efforts, resolve cross-team issues and communicate changes.
Monitors, analyzes, troubleshoots and/or evaluates hardware, software, and other network related problems. Provides technical expertise for performance and/or configuration of the global networks and systems. Performs advanced LAN/WAN administration. Monitors, tunes, and supports existing network infrastructure and ensures stable, reliable, secure, and efficient network operations. Schedules conversions and cutovers as needed. Responsible for the overall integration of a total network including the planning, design, installation, maintenance, management, and coordination of the corporate LAN/WAN. Recommends and implements improvements to existing LAN/WAN architecture, and network Management systems and/or provides resolution for network failures or performance degradations. Analyzes performance and tunes Network Monitoring systems to collect appropriate status. Coordinates with all responsible users and sites.
Maintains current of technological developments and applications. Evaluates vendor products to make recommendations for purchase, may approve purchases. Acts as primary interface with common carriers, suppliers, manufacturers, distributors, and maintenance providers to support data communications infrastructure. Recommends network security and policies. Provides network design solutions for new and existing organizational/client needs. Analyzes and recommends use of new products and services to senior management. Provides advanced level technical assistance (LAN, WAN, Intranet, and Internet) in network planning, engineering, security, and architecture. Develops technical standards. Serves as a team leader to less experienced LAN/WAN Engineers.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE :
- Typically requires a bachelors degree or equivalent and seven to nine years of relevant experience are required.
- Minimum of 3 years experience with TCP/IP address scheming, IPv4/IPv6, and general database design, LAN/WAN topology.
- Network scanning experience and PC and server interaction. IAT Level I certification per DoD Directive 8570.1
- A minimum of three years experience of installing, configuring, operating, and troubleshooting medium-size routed and switched networks, including implementation and verification of connections to remote sites in a WAN including mitigating basic security threats.
- CCNA training covers (but is not limited to) the use of these protocols: IP, Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP), Serial Line Interface Protocol Frame Relay, Routing Information Protocol Version 2 (RIPv2), VLANS, Ethernet, and access control lists (ACLs).
- Have at least one year's experience in IP (Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), Open Shortest Path First (OSPF), TP address structure, and Classless Inter-Domain Routing
- ITIL v3 Foundations certification
- HP Service Manager 7.11 End-User Training
- This position requires candidates to currently hold a TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance. Due to the classified nature of the program we are unable to advertise the specific polygraph. Details will be discussed with qualified candidates.
Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. Some travel may be required.
CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.