Job Requisition Number: 69541
Category: Network/Telecom - Systems Administration
Primary Location: San Antonio, TX, US
Security Clearance: TS/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Status: Must be Current
Schedule: Full Time
Type of Travel:
Percent of Travel Required: None
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
As an emerging expert, designs, installs, and maintains the network system and coordinates its use. Evaluates complex hardware and software and peripheral equipment for large, complex networks. Manages network performance. Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems to ensure quality transmission service on the network. Manages and maintains, create/deletes user accounts, maintains and updates system security plans on all platforms. Directs and schedules the Network Technician staff and trains users. Provides team leadership to less experienced administrators.
Provides expert level experience in managing the day-to-day operation of computer networks including hardware/software support, training, and special projects; plans, designs and implements data connectivity for local area network (LAN) and wide area network (WAN) systems. Coordinates special projects including network related wiring plans, LAN/WAN hardware/software purchases, and system installation, backup, maintenance and problem solving; assists in providing network and remote connectivity hardware/software support. Evaluates technical feasibility of proposed system solutions and develops project proposals. Maintains network user documentation including hardware/software applications, support logs and other related information. Researches and recommends network and server hardware and software for large complex networks. Manages and schedules installing, designing, configuring, and maintaining system hardware and software as needed. Responsible for complex level installs or designs as needed. Analyzes and troubleshoots any complex network logs and oversees the tracking of the nature and resolution of problems. Monitors usage to ensure security of data and access privileges; installs, supports and maintains network servers and appliances; establishes and maintains user accounts, profiles, file sharing, access privileges and security; performs daily server tape backups. Researches, analyses, monitors, troubleshoots and resolves complex server or data network problems. Develops, maintains and implements network support, and archiving procedures. Researches and evaluates new technologies related to computer networking.
Keeps current regarding new hardware/software products for system enhancements. Establishes and maintains user e-mail accounts; provides e-mail training and software support; provides e-mail documentation and updates user manual as needed. Implements and coordinates network policies, procedures and standards and enforces security procedures. Schedules the Network Technician staff and trains users. Provides programming and technical support and maintenance for customized database application. Meets with clients to plan, analyze, design, and test computer applications. Insures that computer software and applications adhere to the organizational plan. Provides solutions to customer identified problems; designs database forms and procedures. Tests data for customized database users. Provides team leadership to less experienced administrators.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE :
- Typically requires bachelor's degree or equivalent, and seven to nine years of related (data center environment) experience.
- Experience maintaining and configuring tools within the HP Business Technology Optimization Suite. Specifically, 2 years experience with configuring and providing operational support for Service Manager 7 or Tools Support Operations, level IV - Operations Manager for Linux and Sitescope.
- Experience in providing operational support for any 2 of the following HP tools: NNM 9i, Discovery and Dependency Mapping Inventory (DDMI), Discovery and Dependency Mapping Advanced (DDMA). Business Availability Center, BPM, Universal Configuration Management Database (uCMDB).
- At least 2 years of experience designing/development Enterprise Management systems.
- At least 3 years of experience in performing system administration of Linux, Unix, and Windows.
- At least 1 years of experience in VMWare technology. Broad background in Network, Systems, Application and Service Management tools.
- ITIL v3 Foundation certification required
- This position requires candidates to currently hold a TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance. Due to the classified nature of the program we are unable to advertise the specific polygraph. Details will be discussed with qualified candidates.
Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. Some travel may be required.
CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.