Job Requisition Number: 75013
Category: Information Systems - Analyst
Primary Location: Classified, VA, US
Security Clearance: TS/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Status: Must be Current
Schedule: Full Time
Type of Travel:
Percent of Travel Required: None
SYSTEMS SOFTWARE ARCHITECT, PRINCIPAL
Work Site: Fairfax, VA area
Security Clearance: (top secret/SCI access w/polygraph)
Provides guidance to management for current and proposed software applications and overarching systems architecture. Provides designs of and guidance on the overall software architecture of the information system, to include external and internal interface analysis, internal interface definition, and functional requirement allocations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead multiple software teams through the design and systems engineering activities of each development sprint and coordinating the integration of various modules.
- Supports systems engineering discussions design reviews, acceptance reviews, peer reviews, internal acceptance control gates, and coordinates activities with integration teams, test teams, and operations teams.
- Coordinates software issues with execution teams, systems engineering, test, CM, and integration.
- Performs disciplined systems architectures as it relates to Information Systems and Engineering.
- Establishes software architectural design and functional requirements for the information systems, to include external and internal interface analysis, definition and requirement allocation.
- Works with cutting edge technologies, including Hadoop, Greenplum DB, & Apache ActiveMQ, and innovative equipment to design, develop, analyze, and execute technical solutions in support of customer architectural and engineering development and requirements, and evaluation and analysis of current and future technology.
- Identifies discrepancies between the enterprise technical architecture and software designs proposed by project teams, and assist project teams in resolving the discrepancies.
- Builds and uses analysis models and techniques to support the evaluation of current and proposed future architectures.
- Identifies architectural and technology risks with the potential to impact customer or company IS plans; develops goals and plans to mitigate risks.
- Defines IT architecture issues and allocates requirements.
- Identifies software architectural needs and solutions.
- Designs protocols applicable to assigned projects and software needs.
- Designs real-time software applications on selected platforms.
- Establishes project development practices to achieve reliable results.
- Researches current and future technological developments and applications.
- Acts as an advisor to IS software engineers and proposes changes to the enterprise technical architecture based on analysis of requirements and new technology.
- Works closely with software users to provide guidance in the identification and resolution of user problems and concerns.
- Adheres to configuration management and documentation practices.
- Applies knowledge of enterprise IT needs to design improved processes, generate valid requirements and ensure these are consistent with enterprise technical architecture.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- The clearance level required is dependent on the type of clearance supported by our client. (TS/SCI POLY+)
- Typically requires bachelor's degree or equivalent, and 10-12 years of systems software engineering experience (Demonstrated large-scale information systems software development projects.)
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated experience motivating teams to work together for a common goal.
- Strong technical background in software development with familiarity with customer software (e.g., Java, Hadoop, Greenplum DB, Apache ActiveMQ)
- Strong understanding of the best programmatic practices to implement in an enterprise Agile Methodology environment
- Experience serving as an architect within an Agile Methodology environment supporting a team of greater than 60 people.
CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.