Job Requisition Number: 77248
Category: Network/Telecom - Systems Administration
Primary Location: Classified, VA, US
Security Clearance: TS/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Status: Must be Current
Schedule: Full Time
Type of Travel:
Percent of Travel Required: None
Systems Administrator, Lead - Linux / Redhat / Windows
Location: Chantilly / Fairfax, VA
POSITION SUMMARY: With a wide range of knowledge, including high end Linux skills, and Windows domain administration, maintains data files and control procedures for a complex system of networked computers or for a single group of microcomputers linked to a host workstation, or mainframe. Experience integrating applications into a development and production environment. Responsible for system security and data integrity. Assigns passwords and monitors use of resources, backs up files as required and responds to management requests for information.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establishes and maintains user accounts, assigns file permissions and establishes password and account policies; installs, upgrades, configures, tests, maintains and supports operating system software in a production environment.
- Responsible for providing support, maintenance, security and planning for Red Hat (RHEL) Linux, and Windows environments.
- Plan and implement firmware, software and O/S upgrades
- Research, evaluate, and implement new technologies
- Work with all IT managers to develop technology roadmaps showing how to move from current condition to future vision
- Continuously analyze overall system performance and design improvements
- Responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure.
- Reviews performance logs and monitors system performance.
- Provide support to IT systems including: day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client problems.
- Provide second level problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems.
- Troubleshoots and resolves system hardware, software and communications problems; creates shell programs and utility scripts; performs configurations and adjustments to enhance database file capacity; performs automated and manual backup and restore processes.
- Installs, configures and tests software packages.
- Provides user support and may conduct user software and hardware training to formulate technology solutions and ensure the effective safeguarding and sharing of enterprise data.
- Evaluates requests for hardware and software; researches and recommends solutions to technology needs, compatible with the client's technology architecture and infrastructure and resource constraints.
- Performs daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Performs daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
- Performs regular file archival and purge as necessary.
- Creates, changes, and deletes user accounts per request.
- Provides technical guidance to less experienced systems administrators.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE :
- Typically requires bachelor's degree or equivalent, and seven to nine years of related experience.
- The clearance level required is dependent on the type of clearance supported by our client.
- Solid experience in a heterogeneous environment containing Unix, Linux, and Windows.
- 7+ years Linux experience, including Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 and 6
- Substantial operational experience in a 24X7 environment
- Experience with clustering and load balancing technologies
- Server virtualization experience (VMware)
- Experience with storage technologies such as NetApp/IBM/EMC
- Cisco switch port provisioning and general routing experience
- 7 yrs experience in network administration in both Linux and Windows
- 3 yrs experience supporting the following technologies: VMware, SAN storage solutions, UCS processing, and user workstations
- Demonstrated experience with Sponsor's network security requirements and approved processes
- Experience with the following: VMware, Nagios, Centrify, SQL, Oracle, McAfee
Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. Some travel may be required.
CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.