Job Requisition Number: 77460
Category: Engineering - Engineer
Primary Location: Reston, VA, US
Security Clearance: TS/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Status: Must be Current
Schedule: Full Time
Type of Travel:
Percent of Travel Required: Up to 50%
PROJECT MANAGER-MECHANICAL ENGINEER/HVAC (OCONUS)
Clearance required: Top Secret w/SCI access and POLY+
Project/Contract Details: This is a long-term contract with over 100 positions. Apply to this position if you are looking for a contract that can provide you multiple assignments over the course of your career.
As our Mechanical Engineer you will function as a recognized company expert for the company’s power and mechanical systems. The incumbent is responsible for planning, approving and coordinating power and mechanical system installations and upgrades within the network. The incumbent also assists in preventative maintenance routine reviews to ensure network stability. Interprets and makes changes to blueprints. Performs surveys for new build-outs and make recommendations.
Work Location/Travel: Candidate is expected to complete 2 - 90 day TDY(s) annually. (including hazardous sites)
- 90 day TDYs. (estimated at 2 TDYs each year)
- War zones and danger pay. Work up to 14 hours per day.
- HVAC, Plumbing, ATS (automatic transfer switches), generators, UPS (uninterruptible power systems)
- CIP (current installation practice)
- Planning for power, HVAC, and redundancy systems for communications stations per customer's policies and regulations.
- Plans, approves and coordinates the design of power system and mechanical units, facilities and equipment and coordinates construction, operation, and maintenance of power systems and mechanical equipment.
- Approves layout of generating plants, transmission and distribution lines, and receiving and distribution stations.
- Directs preparation of complex drawings and specific type of equipment and materials to be used, in construction and equipment installation.
- Estimates labor, material, construction, and equipment costs on mid-sized to large projects.
- Inspects completed installations for conformance with design and equipment specifications and safety standards.
- Manages and oversees operation of installation for conformance with operational standards.
- Coordinates operation and maintenance activities to ensure optimum utilization of power system facilities and meet customer demands for electrical energy.
- Compiles power rates and direct others in evaluating properties and developing utilities in new build-outs.
- Works to establish effective condition monitoring to ensure any degraded performance is identified and resolved prior to failure. Interfaces and coordinates with internal groups, and a variety of contractors on projects.
- Leads site system assessments and develops guidance for site system engineers.
- Checks and reviews the engineering design of the power systems unit, its components and associated equipment and may make suggestions to improve and upgrade the network or unit.
- Performs surveys for new build-outs and make recommendations and interprets and makes changes to blueprints as needed.
- Prepares and reviews technical specifications, requisitions for procurement and cost estimates by project to establish and administer budget.
- Coordinates engineering design and interface engineering between the power system unit and all sub-systems.
Education and Experience:
- Typically requires bachelor’s degree and 12 to 15 years of related experience.
- OCONUS deployment
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. Some travel will be required.
CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.