Job Requisition Number: 77538
Category: Information Systems - Database
Primary Location: Classified, VA, US
Security Clearance: TS/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Status: Must be Current
Schedule: Full Time
Type of Travel:
Percent of Travel Required: None
Clearance: Top Secret, SCI with favorable polygraph (TS/SCI POLY+)
Location: Chantilly / Fairfax, VA
POSITION SUMMARY: As a recognized authority, defines database organizations, standards, controls, procedures, and documentation. Provides experienced technical consulting in the definition, design, and creation of a database environment. Advises applications development staff and users on database solutions to business problems, data architectures, database management system facilities and capabilities, and the operation and tuning of databases. Participates as a leader and as a senior team member.
- Integrates multiple systems and data sets.
- Able to program in different languages to support the integration of data sets.
- Designs, implements and maintains complex databases, access methods, access time, device allocation, validation checks, organization, protection and security, documentation and statistical methods.
- Develops and maintains expertise in use of automated tools for database design and implementation.
- Leads the design and maintenance of logical and physical data models (relational & dimensional), data dictionary and database volumetrics.
- Ensures economic and efficient availability of data within adequate safeguards.
- Develops expertise in use of automated tools for database design and implementation.
- Ensures that documentation is complete and up-to-date.
- Develops procedures relating to database and application security including procedures by which access is authorized, enabled, changed and withdrawn.
- Maintains documentation on all customizations with special attention to reducing the impact of database patches and new release loads.
- Oversees requirements gathering sessions with internal and external clients, assimilates information and maintains effective generic internal data standards and capabilities while meeting client expectations.
- Interacts with development and end-user personnel to determine application data access requirements, transaction rates, volume analysis, and other pertinent data required to develop and maintain integrated databases.
- Leads the client/organization wide data flow mapping and evolutionary process of data utilization by employees.
- Leads the end-to-end physical implementation and maintenance of data to executable, tuned and efficient database structures.
- Supports critical business operations involving scheduled and dynamic requests, receipt and transmission of client data to clients and partners as needed.
- Provides advice and guidance to less experienced staff.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE :
- Typically requires bachelor’s degree or equivalent, and 10 to 12 years of related experience.
- Experience with Hadoop and MapReduce.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. Some travel may be required.
CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.