Job Requisition Number: 77544
Category: Network/Telecom - Systems Administration
Primary Location: Classified, VA, US
Security Clearance: TS/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Status: Must be Current
Schedule: Full Time
Type of Travel:
Percent of Travel Required: None
Help Desk Administrator - Windows & Linux
Clearance: Top Secret, SCI with favorable polygraph (TS/SCI POLY+)
Location: Chantilly / Fairfax, VA
POSITION SUMMARY: With a wide range of knowledge, maintains data files and control procedures for a complex system of networked computers or for a single group of microcomputers linked to a host workstation, or mainframe. Responsible for system security and data integrity. Assigns passwords and monitors use of resources, backs up files as required and responds to management requests for information.
- Responsible for providing end user support and software, hardware, and network assistance.
- Provides basic system administration to address Tier 1 issues (e.g. system access).
- Establishes and maintains user accounts, assigns file permissions and establishes password and account policies; installs, upgrades, configures, tests, maintains and supports operating system software in a production environment.
- Responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure.
- Reviews performance logs and monitors system performance.
- Troubleshoots and resolves system hardware, software and communications problems; creates shell programs and utility scripts; performs configurations and adjustments to enhance database file capacity; performs automated and manual backup and restore processes.
- Installs, configures and tests software packages.
- Provides user support and may conducts user software and hardware training to formulate technology solutions and ensure the effective safeguarding and sharing of enterprise data.
- Evaluates requests for hardware and software; researches and recommends solutions to technology needs, compatible with the client’s technology architecture and infrastructure and resource constraints.
- Performs daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Performs daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
- Performs regular file archival and purge as necessary.
- Creates, changes, and deletes user accounts per request.
- Provides technical guidance to less experienced systems administrators.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE :
- Typically requires bachelor’s degree or equivalent, and five to seven years of related experience.
- Windows & Linux Administration
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. Some travel may be required.
CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.