Job Requisition Number: 78476
Category: Network/Telecom - Engineer
Primary Location: Aberdeen, MD, US
Security Clearance: Secret
Clearance Status: Must be Current
Schedule: Full Time
Type of Travel:
Percent of Travel Required: Up to 25%
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION:
The Army Reprogramming Analysis Team (ARAT-SE) has the requirement for a Cellular Communications Engineer to provide technical support for the software sustainment of Army systems. Incumbent must be a quick learner with strong analytical and problem solving skills, who is resourceful and able to work independently in support of on-going projects managed from the Avionics, Countermeasures and Sensors Division and the SEC ARAT -Program Office.
Tasks performed may include, but are not limited to:
- Performing technical analysis in support of decoding cellular protocols (3G, 4G), as defined from user requirements.
- Designing and developing new waveforms and computer algorithms to interact with cellular systems in real world and simulated environments.
- Characterizing existing and future cellular devices
- Performing performance validation and/or regression testing of waveforms and protocols, to include simulations, laboratory testing, and live system testing
- Generate a functional design decomposition of cellular systems and initiate and define the process for implementation into the existing Army systems
- Interfacing with users to translate requirements into design
- Preparing, maintaining, and updating relevant system baseline documentation and other technical reports
- Performing independent reviews of deliverables produced by others (e.g. specifications, source code, test benches, verification plans, technical reports, etc.).
- Knowledge of cellular communication devices and components, wireless RF devices, modulation schemes, RF signal theory, and wireless communication network protocols required.
- Experience with RF laboratory equipment (e.g. real-time signal analyzers, broadband signal generators, arbitrary waveform generators, oscilloscopes, network analyzers, RF components, etc.) required.
- Digital signal processing experience preferred.
- Must be able to travel to CONUS locations to participate in technical reviews, training, and testing; travel is estimated at less than 25%
- Strong Visio, PowerPoint, Excel and Word skills
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Ability to follow security rules
- Bachelors’ degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- 5+ years practical experience in a pertinent technical field.
- Must be a US citizen and possess a current Secret clearance, with ability to obtain a valid U.S. Government TS/SCI security clearance. A current TS/SCI clearance is preferred.
CACI provides information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian clients. A member of the Fortune 1000 Largest Companies and the Russell 2000 Index, CACI provides dynamic careers for approximately 14,900 employees working in over 120 offices worldwide.
CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.