UI Designer NOT Developer
Contract Position for a User Experience DESIGNER NOT a Developer
Focus on interfacing with Business
Understanding User Stories
Helping Business Analysts/Business Owners fine tune User Stories
OVERALL USER EXPERIENCE
Will work with a Visual Designer and UI Developers
Will end up doing some UI QA work when it gets to that portion
Would like to have someone close enough that can come in to work early on, however there will be a work from home element possible.
Projects they could work on: Either backend tools used by Mercer employees/colleagues supporting benefits administration or might also work on front end pieces employees of clients might use to make their benefit selections.
INTERVIEW PROCESS: Set up Phone Screen first about 15 mins. Then set up phone interviews with a few managers. Will then set up an in person.
EXTENSION VERY POSSIBLE.
- Lead the User Experience design effort for a variety of web/mobile applications
- Conduct user task analyses and create user personae
- Identify organizational patterns across wide-ranging user stories, bring order out of chaos and determine better ways of structuring information and organizing features
- Create conceptual models to bring form to user stories
- Create low and high-fidelity prototypes using HTML and CSS
- Define the structure, flow and functionality of interactive web-based applications
- Adhere to the principles of usability, utility, simplicity and elegance.
- 4+ Years experience designing UX/UI for web/mobile applications
- Strong knowledge of UI technologies, tools and concepts
- Able to identify usability issues
- SCRUM or Agile experience
- Expertise in developing information architecture, interaction models, user flows, and wireframes for complex products, services and interactions
- No fear of teamwork, brainstorming sessions and leading client workshops
- Self-directed and highly motivated.
- Extremely proficient in Visio, Dreamweaver and Balsamiq
- Intimate understanding of Usability Testing, User Centered Design, User interface Standards, and Best Practices
- Highly empathetic to a user’s emotions and needs
- Ability to think through user problems, find good solutions, then mock them up in detail and help engineers build them
- Obsessive over detail
- Strong portfolio of implemented designs, prototypes, interaction flow mock-ups, wireframes, and sketches
- Experience conducting user research—ranging from insight development to usability
- obile design experience