The IT Security Engineer is a member of the Global Managed Security Delivery Services team. This role is an IT Security professional responsible for the deployment, operation and maintenance of security device technologies in a Tier1 data center. The successful candidate for this position is a highly motivated individual, with a strong IT security background who excels operating & deploying security technology and interacting with clients. The successful candidate is a self-starter who works effectively with minimal supervision in a highly dynamic environment.
This position can be done remotely from any US city.
Key Deliverables and Responsibilities (include but are not limited to the following)
* Configuration and deployment of the defined security solution components (security technology)
* Write and perform validation tests.
* Contribute to the development and tracking of IT Security deployment projects plans.
* Monitor and control the performance and status of security devices, including routine testing, analysis and other operational tasks.
* Experience building & managing Security tools such as ArcSight, Trend Micro, Splunk, Imperva, Nessus, use cases & content, driven from customer requirements
* Deploy the security technology solution to fit client requirements by adapting from reference architectures, including technical diagrams and bills of materials for implementation.
* Assist in the analysis and resolution of security incidents and in providing containment recommendations using software and hardware tools and following established procedures and corporate policies.
* Participate in security audits and audit remedations.
* Develop and maintain standard operating procedures, processes and guidelines for IT security operations, support and maintenance.
* Maintain awareness of trends in security regulatory, technology, and operational requirements.
* Mentor other IT Security Analysts and perform knowledge transfer to other teams as required.
Education and Experience
* Graduation with a Bachelor's degree from a recognized university with specialization in Computer Sciences or Management Information Systems or a related discipline in computing and information security, combined with a minimum of three (3) years of directly related practical experience.
* Minimum of seven (7) years of directly related practical experience in computing and information security within the last ten years, and demonstrated ability to carry out the functions of the job.
* Experience and extensive knowledge of a Security Information Event Management tool (preferably ArcSight or Splunk), Intrusion Prevention / Intrusion Detection Systems (Network - NID, Host - HID), Web Application Firewall.
* Knowledge of: TCP/IP, computer networking, routing and switching.
* Experience in Linux/UNIX/Wintel based devices at the System Administrator level.
* Team player, good time-management and organizational skills and ability to work independently with limited supervision.
* Ability to deal with aggressive timelines and the associated pressure.
* Ability to speak and communicate effectively with peers and management.
* Ability and experience in writing clear and concise technical documentation.
* Ability to speak and write fluently in English.
* Ability to obtain a security clearance.
* Ability to travel to Phoenix AZ.
* Security certifications or other relevant security certifications such as CCSP, CCSE, SANS or CISSP, SANS GIAC, GCFW, GCIA, or GCWN.
* Experience in security compliance; Scanning, Auditing and Remediation tools. (Nessus, Imperva, Burp Suite)
* Knowledge of, and experience with one of the following; SAS-70, SSAE-16, FedRAMP, PCI and HIPAA compliances
* Knowledge of Fortniet, Cisco and/or Juniper Firewall technologies.
* Knowledge and experience with leading IPS vendors (Sourcefire, Cisco, TrendMicro, or Tripwire equiv). SIEM vendors (ArcSight, Splunk)
* Knowledge of: Strong Authentication, End Point Security, Internet Policy Enforcement, Web Content Filtering, Database Activity Monitoring (DAM), Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), Data Loss Prevention (DLP), Identity and Access Management (IAM) solutions.
* Experience mentoring colleagues.
Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, US citizenship is required. At CGI, we're a team of builders. We call our employees members because all who join CGI are building their own company - one that has grown to 68,000 professionals located in 40 countries. Founded in 1976, CGI is a leading IT and business process services firm committed to helping clients succeed. We have the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for our clients - and for our members. Come grow with us. Learn more at www.cgi.com.
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time, permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program and profit participation and stock purchase plans.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
Department: Information Technology