The ETL Developer will focus on ETL design, development and support. Responsible for ETL processes and tools as well as database loading and manipulation to ensure that the data needs are met throughout the course of the projects and production support. Understands business problems and opportunities in the context of the requirements and recommends solutions that enable the organization to achieve its goals. Interprets and transforms information based on business requirements and provides the data for delivery.
WORK HISTORY/EXPERIENCE: Must have 5 years IT experience overall. Candidate must have excellent software development skills and experience following the software development lifecycle process. Candidate must have excellent analytical and communication skills including the ability to successfully convey information to both technical and non-technical audiences. Experience in the Tax industry and understanding of its terminology is a plus. The position requires the following:
* Collaborate with business users/developers to provide required data
* Research and provide alternatives and recommendations based on best practices and application functionality
* Understands the business processes, how the application supports the business processes and applies this knowledge to best solve problems
* Design and implement Extract, Transformation and Load (ETL) processes, programs and scripts
* Gains necessary input/approval of requirements and design and participates in code reviews and may perform code review for others
* Creates system and user documentation
* Develop solutions to leverage ETL tools and suggest process improvements
* Conduct root cause analysis and resolve production problems and data issues
* Validate the data in the database and also responsible for testing the routines developed.
* Collaborate with requirements team to develop design specifications.
* Provide ongoing maintenance and support of assigned ETL flows and their target applications
* Assist users with problems and resolves issues independently.
* Create test plans, test cases, test scripts and performs unit testing.
* Create and maintain system documentation.
* Work with existing systems to track and manage requests and issues.
Essential Skills Required:
* 5+ years IT experience.
* 3-5 years of ETL DataStage development.
* Strong technical expertise in DataStage.
* Ability to write ETL detailed design specifications.
* Strong SQL skills including complex query building and query performance tuning.
* Working knowledge of software development and support methodologies.
* Preferred experience in DB2, Information Analyzer, Quality Stage, Metadata workbench, Business Glossary
* Experience in Shell scripting, SQL query tuning
* Experience using the DataStage XML Pack and the XML Stage (DataStage 8.5+)
* 2+ years experience with XML, XSD Schema development, XSLT, XQuery, DB2 PureXML
* Excellent write and verbal communications skillsDESIRED BACKGROUND: Excellent analytical and communication skills, both verbal and written, are mandatory. Curiosity, adaptability and the willingness to learn new methodologies will be a determining factor in assessing the fit between the candidate and our organization. At CGI, we're a team of builders. We call our employees members because all who join CGI are building their own company - one that has grown to 68,000 professionals located in 40 countries. Founded in 1976, CGI is a leading IT and business process services firm committed to helping clients succeed. We have the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for our clients - and for our members. Come grow with us. Learn more at www.cgi.com.
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time, permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program and profit participation and stock purchase plans.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
* Data Warehousing
* Test Case / Script Development
* Tax & Revenue
Department: Information Technology