- Designs, Develops or modifies software products and/or customer applications.
- Under limited direction, designs, codes, installs, and maintains software programs.
- Under limited direction, assists in design, coding, and installation of customized application enhancement projects.
- Under limited direction, analyzes specifications for applications enhancements for compatibility with other systems and within operating guidelines.
- Under limited direction, analyzes dumps, debugs problems and applies fix procedures.
- Under limited direction, prepares documentation for use by computer operations, applications programming, and user personnel.
- Under limited direction, provides technical assistance and information to other systems software, computer operations, applications programming, and data communications personnel at all centers with this environment.
- Under limited direction, assists with the training of applications programming and user personnel in the use of software systems.
- Under limited direction, reviews new designs, enhancements and programs with supervisor and applications programming personnel for operating efficiencies.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent education in a related discipline is required.
- Related work experience can be substituted for educational requirement.
Job Related Experience:
- Typically requires 5+ years programmingand /or analystor relatedexperience.
- No management experience is required.
Functional Area Skills/Knowledge:
- Knowledge of personal computers, and supported Windows operating systems, to include server OS’.
- A strong knowledge of VB6 programming (i.e. program design, coding, testing, debugging, etc).
- A strong knowledge of .NET (VB or C#) and Visual Studio 2005/2010
- A strong knowledge of ANSI SQL and relational database constructs.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- A strong understanding of the SDLC process with respect to Project Management.