- Responsible for system test strategy, methodology, and creation of system integration and test cases and make them traceable back to the system requirements, feature lists and design documents.
- Responsible for test automations using test equipment and SW scripts. Augment/improve/automate existing tests where applicable.
- Responsible for all system integration and test executions and provide initial troubleshooting and reporting according to the system test plan.
- Responsible for documenting defects found using a bug tracking system and follow issues to resolution.
- Responsible to build and maintain the system integration and test labs.
Experience and Skills:
Skills and Abilities Qualifications:
- 5-10 years experience in wireless, telecom hardware and software system testing in an embedded development environment.
- Strong analytical skills to be able to “translate” form system requirements and use cases to detailed test cases.
- System test experience in RF radios, digital data communications, IP networking and wireless over the air protocols.
- Experience in selecting, configuring, validating and operating test equipment for system testing.
- Strong knowledge in test automation and familiar with scripting languages such as Python, etc. and knowledgeable in both Windows and Linux OS environments.
- Ability to work effectively in a small team of engineers, technicians and designers.
- Ability to react quickly and adapt to changes in priorities, circumstances, and direction.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with colleagues and customers.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others, including proficiency in written and verbal communications, and strong listening skills.
- Ability to exercise judgment, perform assigned tasks, and meet schedules with minimal supervision.
- BS or MS degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science and 5-10 years of experience in a senior test engineering role in wireless hardware and software system testing in an embedded development environment.