Lead Statistician Supply Chain Analytics
(C&S Title-Senior Manager, Application Development)
About C & S Wholesale Grocers: Our commitment to technology has driven growth and been a key factor in C&S Wholesale Grocers becoming the largest wholesale grocery supply company in the U.S. and the lead supply chain company in the food industry. We are advancing technology in all of its operations, currently implementing Enterprise based platforms and Oracle EBS software. Our 60+ facilities feature state of the art warehouse, labor and transportation management systems, Voice recognition software, robotics, web-based technology and integrated logistics systems enabling C&S the flexibility to redefine the food supply chain industry.
For New Jersey based applicants- we offer a free weekly shuttle service that runs to NJ(several locations) leaving our site in Keene, NH every Friday at noon and does an early Monday morning pickup in New Jersey (several locations) and returns to Keene NH.
C&S Wholesale Grocers is seeking a Senior Manager Statistical Analytics in their Supply Chain Planning team. (Build and lead statistics team)
This individual will direct/manage the development, implementation, and maintenance of the applications in this area, including the analysis, programming and maintenance activities. Works closely with senior IT and user management to ensure that the requirements for business systems projects and change requests are well understood, documented, developed, tested and maintained.
Sr Manager (Lead Statistician) Requirements
Candidates must have 8 years overall experience with 4+ of those years in hands on leadership roles, directing design, configuration and delivery of statistical modeling and analysis of sales forecast.
The statistical analyst and data modeler works with business owners, demand planning and Business Intelligence team members to provide deep analysis and guidance on crucial business opportunities across many areas within the company. They draw upon their knowledge and experience in applied statistics, data mining, modeling, and forecasting to ensure that results are accurate and clear providing actionable opportunities for business leaders. Analysts must be detail oriented and highly aware of the impact of their analysis across the company. They take initiative, focused on finding innovative solutions for a myriad of business challenges.
* Works closely with business customers to implement systems projects including the development of plans, management of resources and deliverables in the Supply Chain Planning applications portfolio.
* Ability to direct/manage and lead a team of people.
* Provide support to the statistical needs of business and demand planning team within the company
* Analyze data and build simulated models to determine the best fit model for Sales and purchase forecasting, Safety stock, EOQ. Continue to review and fine tune.
* Collect and clean data for ad-hoc and statistical analysis.
* Perform statistical summaries and tests for relevant business questions.
* Perform statistical testing to enhance the predictability of deployed models.
* Deploy applicable models for business use.
* Summarize conclusions and solutions for presentation.
* Develop strong relationships with subject matter experts.
* Develop simple tools to handle basic statistical or other analytical needs, when required.
* Train other teams within the organization on basic statistical thinking and methods.
* Must possess strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
* Current systems are Retalix Biceps, Oracle Demantra, Legacy Mainframe, Custom PL/SQL and Lawson with a planned migration to include Oracle EBS suite and other applications as necessary to support above systems.
* Works under general direction of a Sr. Director/VP IT and is directly responsible to coordinate active projects and support teams.
* Interfaces directly with software and hardware vendors, system developers, project leaders and managers, and industry colleagues.
* Works directly with Senior Management (Director, Sr. Director and VP), business unit managers and staff.
* Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business or Engineering highly desired.
* Appropriate Master’s Degree can be counted as up to 2 yrs. of additional experience.
* Appropriate equivalent experience is acceptable and may substitute for degree.
* Candidates must have 8 years overall experience with 4+ of those years in hands on leadership roles, directing design, configuration and delivery of statistical modeling and analysis of sales forecast. (preferably hands on).
* Strong statistical methods and analysis skills required in Sales and purchase areas.
* Experience with statistical tools a must.
* Knowledge of Oracle Demantra forecasting models a plus.
* Develop model validation program and execute by validating model implementation and performance through independent extraction, preparation, and analysis of data.
* Ability to explain statistics in simple terms to non-statisticians.
* Ability to learn and expand in the role.
* Defect triage and troubleshooting relating to application functionality.
* Well rounded knowledge of adjacent systems including Order to Cash, Inventory Management and Enterprise Data Warehousing and the ability to quick apply technological solutions from lessons learned.
* Work closely with business and IS team in determining the right forecast model (sales/purchase).
* Diplomacy skills (relationship management) and the ability to be highly effective under pressure.
Preference will be given to candidate who has multiple years of data analysis, modeling and forecasting experience with data mining tools and techniques.
Working Safety is a Condition of Employment at C&S - An Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V