This is your chance at an uncommon opportunity to join an organization known for its scientific excellence in pharmaceutical research and development. Our client is a fully integrated biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. They have active research and development programs in many disease areas, including ophthalmology, inflammation, cancer, and hypercholesterolemia.
- This individual will work with the Infrastructure team to provide a broad range of engineering, implementation and operational support.
- Projects involve the design, development, testing and implementation of infrastructure (servers, storage, virtualization, applications, DR) systems.
- Must have the ability to manage site Data Center with some degree of autonomy while being responsive to customer requests.
- Operational tasks include server and storage monitoring, maintenance and administration.
- 7+ years’ experience with systems management/administration.
- Experience designing, implementing and managing enterprise server solutions with high availability requirements.
- Experience with VMware vSphere ESX/ESXi 5.0 and/or 5.1.
- Understanding of networking infrastructure (DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP routing).
- Experience working with Enterprise SANs (Fiber & iSCSI).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Server OS (Windows Server 2008/2012) and associated technologies.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory and Group Policy Management.
- Experience working in validated environment with regulatory controls.
- Understanding of IT Governance and controls for SOX and FDA compliance.
- Organizational skills, including the ability to manage time and multiple tasks.
- Communication skills -reporting to management on project status.
- Manage individual projects or portions of larger projects and project tasks.
- Bachelor or Associates Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent certifications.