*Analysts International is seeking a Technical Business Analyst for a long term project with our client in the South metro of Minneapolis*
IT Business Analyst Lead
Seeking a technical, highly-motivated, extremely organized driver to lead a team of IT Business Analyst resources in the successful design, development and integration of a multi-channel application.
The BA Lead should be creative, resourceful, experienced in Agile, and have led/managed other BAs on multiple system integrations projects, both internally in the company as well as externally with multiple vendors.
** The ideal candidate may have started off as a developer, business/systems analyst and progressed into a BA leadership role. This is not a requirement but is preferred if applicable.**
**5-10 + years* hands-on experience as a Business Analyst, BA Lead or similar role**
The IT Business Analysis Lead is responsible the daily management and mentoring of the BA Team. The role will work close with stakeholders, product management and the delivery teams to elicit, analyze, define, validate and communicate requirements for changes to business processes, workflow and systems.
Other responsible include:
-Managing business requirement activities including, but not limited to, collaboration with clients, developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
-Serve as a liaison between the lines of business and the project team by assisting the business in identifying, understanding, and documenting their business needs. Assist the project manager in setting realistic delivery, scope and project expectations.
-Translate the business needs into system requirements, communicating with the business on a non-technical level, and with the Architects and Delivery Teams on a more technical level.
-Participate in process analysis, improvement and the change management processes. Help support and triage production support issues, as needed
-Support the Product and Project Managers to assuring the business needs are accurately documented, business rules defined, and any assumptions or limitations documented.
-Participate in development of artifacts (such as Use Case Models, Use Cases/Stories), and ensure a smooth hand-off to clients and the Delivery Teams.
-Utilize tools for problem solving, statistical analysis and root cause analysis to understand, make recommendations, and solve problems.
-Identify and communicate project issues that would have a substantial impact on the project.
-Ensures BA teams and team members are following best practice framework including all processes, procedures, and templates used in department or organization
-Identify and improve any processes or procedures that are outdated or obsolete; Create a culture of continuous improvement, change and world class delivery
MUST HAVE SKILLS
- 5 or more years of IT systems experience in application delivery and management.
- 10 or more years of hands-on business, systems and process/workflow analyst experience
- 5 or more years of experience in leading a BA Team -- leadership role with direct reports and people management responsibilities
- Must have extensive data analysis/mapping experience; Experience with *Back-end* data processing and batch systems, and multi-system integration
- Excellent meeting facilitation skills * CRITICAL
- Self-sufficient/self-starter * CRITICAL
- Works well with little direction/takes initiative * CRITICAL
- Willingness to work in a BBY store for up to 2 weeks, if needed
- Ability to work early mornings, evenings and weekends, as needed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 2 or more years of experience working in an Agile environment/team
TECHNICAL SKILLS NEEDED (Desired)
- Java Spring
- Some sort of product tracking tool experience* version 1
- LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP)
- Candidate must have a strong personality, be able to take initiative, ask questions and make constant improvements and suggestions
- Must be able to voice opinion and take charge when needed
- Produces high-quality work