Our direct client is looking for full time employee to function in the capacity of a Senior Information Security Engineer. Our client is a well respected member of the the Metro Atlanta business community. They offer exceptional employee benefits which includes a company pension. Please forward your resume to Shollingsworth@partnersconsulting.com
The ideal candidate will possess 10 years of progressively greater experience as an Information Security Engineer. They will be responsible for the design, installation and operation of information security-related systems with the overall goal of enforcing Company security guidelines and protecting the integrity and confidentiality of Company information. Information security engineers can contribute to standards and policies, either by consulting with customers or by contribution at a higher level within architecture governance. They are often assigned to projects to provide security expertise.
These engineers provide support to resolve problems and incidents related to network security. As such, they often execute moves, adds and changes (MAC) to firewall configurations, access control lists (ACL), intrusion prevention systems, virtual private networks (VPN) and internet proxies.
• Interface with internal customers to understand their security needs and implement technical solutions and procedures to accommodate them
• Ensure the customer community understands and adheres to security guidelines and standards
• Serve as an internal information security consultant to the organization
• Promote information security awareness
• Monitor systems to ensure that appropriate access levels are maintained
• Develop disaster recovery (DR) plans for security systems and participate in tests
• Configure, deploy and maintain security-related devices
• Resolve security related tickets passed to engineers by the help desk within SLA
• Participate in an on-call rotation for information security
Candidates who are not certified will be considered if they fill the requirements otherwise, they have an expert level of experience, have taken the certification classes and are waiting to take the certification tests.
• BS in Technology-related field or equivalent work experience
• 10 years of progressive experience in computing and security, including experience with internetworking equipment
• CISSP certification
• Recent CCSE certification, R60 or above
• Must possess proven ability as a member of an engineering support team and be able to communicate technical and security-related concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical staff
• Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks in a highly dynamic work environment.
• Current experience with Cisco ASA and network devices, especially access control lists (ACL)
• Current experience with Check Point, Crossbeam and Fortinet firewalls, intrusion detection systems, VPN and other security related devices
• Knowledge of network related protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, IPSEC, routing protocols, 802.1x, etc.)
• Excellent experience with ad hoc troubleshooting tools
• Excellent communication and teamwork skills
• Experience with Blue Coat ProxySG Internet proxies