My client in Fort Worth, TX is looking for an experienced distributed-system Application Developer to help the client continue to evolve next generation systems.
This position requires participation in all phases of the application development life cycle. Successful candidates will gather requirements, specify, design, develop, test and implement systems to support 24/7, mission-critical NOC operations. On-call once every 8-10 weeks. They will participate on a development team delivering fault tolerant, near real-time planning and control systems. They will develop algorithmic solutions of transportation related problems. They will develop / maintain efficient client/server and web solutions to resolve complex business needs. They will coordinate with other technical teams to design and develop appropriate interfaces, services and events, ensuring quality and efficiency through capacity planning, performance assessment, and both integration and regression testing. They will coordinate customer acceptance testing and ensure customer satisfaction through timely resolution of issues, regular status reports, and continuous communication. They will understand and adhere to the Technology Services infrastructure and inter-relationships. Development of these applications will be done according to customer requirements, following clients’ development standards, for applications within Technology Services at client site. Candidates should demonstrate strong analytical, interpersonal and programming skills.
• At least 3 years of practical experience in Java development, including experience in EJB 3.0 (or above)
• Experience developing highly interactive client/server application and/or Rich Internet Applications (RIA)
• Development experience with current JS libraries, such as JQuery
• BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, and/or five or more years of equivalent on the job technical experience
• Experience with event-driven architecture and development preferred.
• Experience working with development teams using an Agile development methodology
• Some graphical design experience/talent is a plus
• Analysis and design experience using OO concepts and design patterns
• Two or more years of railroad experience
• Practical experience with object/relational database mapping
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org