Potential contractor to assist in the management of the wireless infrastructure within all facilities. This infrastructure is comprised of roughly 4,000 Cisco lightweight access points, 12 WiSM controllers and is managed with Cisco Prime Infrastructure. The wireless environment is installed within all client facilities providing wireless IP coverage for administration, staff, student, and telephony. In addition, there is a guest component to the wireless service providing access for BYOD devices. This will potentially be a long-term assignment.
- Work at the direction of the Director of Networking.
- Work the standard work hours of a 261 day contracted employee.
- Service and Maintain Lightweight Wireless Access Points.
- Service and Maintain Wireless Controllers.
- Troubleshoot wireless related issues.
- Monitor and report on wireless health and usage statistics.
- Determine wireless needs and possible improvements to service.
- CCNA Wireless certification required.
- Two or more years experience managing an enterprise sized wireless deployment.
- One or more years experience with Cisco Prime Network Control System.
- Two or more years experience troubleshooting Ethernet connections.
- One or more years experience managing a Guest (BYOD) service.
- Working knowledge of Layer Three networking and subnetting.
- Working knowledge of Cisco Spectrum Expert.
- Must be capable of field work including the use of ladders over 8* tall to gain access to install and/or service wireless access points.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong organizational skills, detailed oriented.
- Considerations otherthan cost alone will be used in making the determination of the successful Contractor, including,but not limited to, applicable references, prior experience, functional and technical expertise,and the contractor*s overall ability to meet client's needs. However, if all other factors are relatively equal, price will be given the greatest weight when evaluating responses.
- Awarded contractor will be required to undergo a background check clear the background check prior to any work commencing on any campus.