Interactive Business Systems (IBS) is an information technology consulting firm exceling in both managed IT solutions and specialized contract staffing. We’ve been successful in providing IT consulting services for more than 30 years, and we continue to innovate. We are an industry leader that benefits from an established name but also has the energy and learning agility of a startup company. We support clients in numerous industries with six business units across the US as well as onshore and offshore development centers.
Our client, a marketing company, located near Naperville, IL has a Direct hire position for a Sr. Cognos Developer.
What makes this opportunity unique:
- Responsible for the design, development, unit testing, and delivery of reporting and analytics solutions including complex reports, dashboards and OLAP solutions
- Responsible for implementing best practices for Cognos design and development.
- Work closely with other cross-functional teams including Quality Assurance Analysts, Business Analysts, and Project Managers.
- Produce and enhance high-quality technical documentation.
- Experience in Dimensional modeling, OLAP and Performance Management is desired.
- Innovate and Research technology solutions by prototyping and building proof-of-concepts
What makes you competitive:
- Bachelor’s degree in math or sciences. Computer Science degree preferred.
- 6+ years of IT experience including 4+ years of related Cognos experiences.
- Extensive experience with Cognos (8.4 and 10) in Framework Manager Modeling, Development of medium to complex reports using Report Studio, Cognos Transformer Cubes.
- Good experience in creating dashboards using Report studio or Cognos workspace, Cognos workspace advanced.
- Management of report distribution operations including email bursting
- Performance tuning, report scheduling and distribution management experience.
- Good understanding of Cognos Administration to manage permissions and capabilities.
- Good knowledge of Cognos server architecture components.
- Strong knowledge of data warehouse concepts and design to partner with the data architecture team in developing BI Solutions is a plus
- Strong understanding of relational databases, like Oracle (11g and above) or SQL server is a plus
- Must be self-motivated, have a strong team orientation, and be able to learn quickly
- Must have excellent time management and organization skills to handle multiple projects with changing priorities and deadlines
- Must be flexible in working with different styles of project management i.e. iterative, waterfall
- Must possess excellent written communication skills, verbal communication skills, and interpersonal skills. Must have the ability to work with a wide variety of communication styles
- Experience of building reporting solutions in a financial industry is a plus
Contact us today for more details. We would love to hear from you!