We are seeking a talented Sr. Software Engineer to work on Automotive Cloud initiative. The team develops massive real-time event processing and Big Data analytical systems in cloud environment. In this role the successful candidate will be participating in all stages of the software development lifecycle in Agile environment. Interact with product management to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications, assist with systems integration and ensure successful development and deployment of key components of Automotive Cloud products.
Software development of application or system components
Software design and review
Requirements definition and analysis
Unit testing of developed code
Investigation and root cause analysis of software and system defects
Maintain and run tools and processes that support and automate software product release
- Bachelor or Masters in Computer Science, or an equivalent qualification
- 7+ years of engineering experience
- Expert level coding skills in Java (recent experience in back-end Java desired)
- Experience in designing scalable web services.
Strong foundational knowledge and experience with network programming and message exchange standards and systems (TCP, Netty, 0MQ, JMS, RabbitMQ, QPID,…)
- Experience in deploying J2EE applications (in Tomcat, JBoss, …)
- Proven ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Excellent team player with the ability to work within a collaborative environment
- Creative, resourceful and innovative problem solver
- Great communication skills (including active listening and comprehending requirements)
- Knowledge of Jenkins/Hudson or another continuous integration and release management tool
- Good knowledge of SCM tools including Git, subversion
- Knowledge of build automation tools e.g. maven, ant, gradle
Familiar with SQL (Oracle,..) and NoSQL (Mongo, CouchDB,..) development.
Understanding distributed real-time message processing systems (CEP, Storm, S4, Akka,..)
Understanding enterprise data integration platforms (Camel, Talend, Pentaho,..)
- Proficiency in working in Unix/Linux environment
- Knowledge of one of Python, Ruby, scala, groovy or other scripting languages
- Self-taught and self-teaching, with a demonstrated aptitude for acquiring knowledge and skills
Interactive Business Systems (IBS) is an information Technology consulting firm exceling in both managed IT solutions and specialized contract staffing. We’ve been successful in providing IT consulting services for more than 30 years, and we continue to innovate. We are an industry leader that benefits from an established name but also has the energy and learning agility of a startup company. We support clients in numerous industries with six business units across the US as well as onshore and offshore development centers.